Main Menu

70 Cuda left tail light housing differences

Started by fc7cuda, January 06, 2018, 05:57:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fc7cuda

Does anyone have any insight regarding when the change was made improving the taillight housing for 70 Cudas?  Left side only. I know the earlier style(top) was prone to the "ear" breaking off.  Best I know it was between 11/69 and 5/70. Both housing have identical numbers on it so the various edition parts books are no help.   :dunno:

Chryco Psycho

usraptor

My Cuda was built in June of 1970 and I have the later style.

Jim AAR

Mine was built in March 1970 and I have the later style as well. The same as the bottom one with the full shield.

fc7cuda

Thanks Jim, than narrows the gap.  Also, thank you to the others who responded too.  :drinkingbud:

jetmech

6bblgt

:thinking: where was the Barracuda assembled?

also check plant trends LA "0E" VS. Hamtramck "0B" may impact your research  :dunno:

Jim AAR

Quote from: Jim AAR on January 06, 2018, 06:36:33 PM
Mine was built in March 1970 and I have the later style as well. The same as the bottom one with the full shield.

Sorry my mistake, the photo I had looked like the full shield, but I just checked it and it is the upper one with the ear.

fc7cuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 06, 2018, 09:07:15 PM
:thinking: where was the Barracuda assembled?

also check plant trends LA "0E" VS. Hamtramck "0B" may impact your research  :dunno:

:iagree:   I'm just kinda looking into this, nothing official.  Just wondered if there's any printed info on the change or if both plants are involved and when.  Probably had something to do with FIFO inventory too. Just based loosely on this thread it sounds like 1st qtr change, but certainly more info is needed and production plant ID too.

68bee

Just came across this posting.
My 407 build date AAR has the early style.