Main Menu

71 Cuda tail light housing

Started by Tunis, May 14, 2020, 04:29:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Tunis

I sent my tail light housings to be plated. Unfortunately, they were completely destroyed in the process. So I need to buy another set. Preferably a restored set. Can also buy complete units if that is the only option.

Thanks!

JS29

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ScottSmith_Harms

Sorry to hear that you lost your originals. I can't imagine what your plater did to destroy them but I can assure you that if you find another core set that needs refinishing I can give them a proper dichromate finish without doing them any harm. Drop me a line for pricing and details if interested  :tool:

Tunis

76orangewagon

I have a set that needs restored that I will give you and will ship them to Scott for restoration if you want to go that route.

Tunis

@76orangewagon wow, that is super! Let me know how much you want for it and the restoration cost and I will send it to you! :cheers: :worship:

ScottSmith_Harms

The cost is $150.00 per pair plus shipping. Nothing due until complete, allow about 4 weeks to complete. This is to replate them only, I do not spray the inside silver (which is pretty easy to do yourself after plating).

Tunis

Thanks everyone! This is the way I want to go for sure!

@ScottSmith_Harms the plater said (more like mumbled, embarrassed as he was) something about the castings containing aluminum and that some acid he used to clean them up, ate them. Yes, I would have liked to have the originals, but this way will be just as good in the end.

@76orangewagon, please send them to Scott and PM me the info needed to send some cash your way.

Skid Row

:stop:Sodium hydroxide ,used in radiator boil out tanks does not like aluminum. Ask me how I know...

JS29

@Tunis  Is this plater going to compensate you for HIS mistake!!!  :pullinghair:

Tunis

@JS29 I don't think I have any leverage. I did leave a bunch of other parts to get zinc plated, and I got that free of charge because of the "mistake".

JS29

He made it right by doing that im my opinion!  :yes: :bigthumb: