Main Menu

70 Gran Coupe convertible: Taillamp panel

Started by 1969daytona, March 28, 2020, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1969daytona

Hello All,
Some of you have been very helpful during the restoration of this 1970 Gran Coupe convertible I have at the house.. The latest question...  Taillamp panel..

Does anyone have pictures of the border at the trunk opening between the body color and the silver argent? I can see the silver argent in this photo which I will be duplicating, is silver to the bright trunk/quarter trim. But, what about the lip at the opening of the trunk?

Thanks in advance...
Troy

1969daytona

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 28, 2020, 03:46:52 PM
Here is my original 70 Gran Coupé.

Is there more silver paint than there should be or did they just do one messy job?  Looks like there is Argent silver up the water drain channel...

screamindriver

Here's the factory engineering drawing of the paint break lines with both types of tail panel trim.. Gran Coupe is on the left..

soundcontrol

Quote from: 1969daytona on March 28, 2020, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: soundcontrol on March 28, 2020, 03:46:52 PM
Here is my original 70 Gran Coupé.

Is there more silver paint than there should be or did they just do one messy job?  Looks like there is Argent silver up the water drain channel...

No, those spots on the yellow is grey primer, whole car is covered with spots of that, the argent stops at the edge of the trunk gutter.

cudaize

Here are some pictures of the original line on my 71 Gran Coupe.  Also of note there is Argent overspray on the inside of the trunk lid.