Main Menu

71 Challenger column connectors

Started by malem2us, November 14, 2019, 01:41:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

malem2us

I just installed the column I restored in this 71 Challenger Deputy I'm restoring and I have 3 connectors coming off it, the two standard ignition and turn signals, then there's another 3 wire connector and I cannot for the life of me figure out where the heck it goes....   Can I get a few suggestions?  For some reason I did not take a picture of the plug before disconnecting it three years ago...

Console shift 71 318 Auto car...

malem2us

anlauto

Those wires don't plug into anything on an E Body. The signal switch you installed was made for several types of Chrysler vehicles and I think those wires are used in other applications. I usually cut them off at the switch.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

malem2us

That's odd....   I used the original switch after cleaning and lubricating it

anlauto

Well the switch is not original, it's been changed at some point in it's life. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

malem2us

Thank you for that info, that's news I can impart to my customer when I'm done, and a ton of frustration off my back 😎😎😎

Chryco Psycho

On C bodies some had cornering lights built into the side of the front fenders which activate with the TS switch , these were never used on any E body