Main Menu

71 challenger

Started by fireguyfire, March 31, 2020, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Thought I'd post up a future project that my son and I found and bought; it's a 71 challenger with some really interesting features.
It's a survivor and is gold, with dark green interior (bench armrest seat) black vinyl top, black side stripes.
Also has rear defrost, hood pins, etc.
Was a 340 car but the engine is gone.
It's a survivor  and will need some metal replacement but is very cool IMO; pretty excited to get it!

Chryco Psycho

fireguyfire

Thanks Chryco; it is a very interesting car.
Unfortunately the grille was busted out a long time ago and I'll have to try and find one; I know they are worth their weight in gold.

71vert340

The grille will be difficult and they get harder to find as time goes on. There's 3 for sale now on Ebay ranging from $1200 to $2200. Shipping is expensive. Enjoy the project.
Terry

JS29

Worth there weight in gold! Pun intended?  :haha:  :congrats:

js27

Very Cool-Can't wait to see more photos
JS27

mccannix

Yes more photos would be nice.
Great color combo...nice to find them that way.
If you dont find a grill, pm me, I'm in Ontario

fireguyfire

fireguyfire

fireguyfire

fireguyfire

Doing some digging on the internet, and I'm finding very few 71's in this light gold colour so I'm starting to guess it was a rarely picked colour; especially with a dark green interior.
Can anyone confirm this is a rare colour, or am I out to lunch?

RUNCHARGER

Medium rare I think. I remember quite a few in that colour back then, I think a lot of them got colour changed to purple or red. There was one in my town with louvers and wing, 340 car.
Sheldon

fireguyfire

Found a chart online that suggests 4.9% of 71 challengers were GY8.
I know very few 71's were 340 cars, so out of those 4.9% could have been GY8, and then I have to guess very few of those GY8 340 cars would have had the split bench interior in dark green.
Of course these are guesses!

anlauto

It certainly is a rare colour combo....I hope you restore it back to original. :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fireguyfire

Yup; she will be factory correct for sure; just need to track down a 340 for it.