Main Menu

71 cuda billboard poll

Started by Spikedog08, August 10, 2017, 10:29:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

If you could buy a 1971 cuda now, would you have a billboard??  

Yes - Black
25 (47.2%)
Yes - White
8 (15.1%)
No
16 (30.2%)
Not sure
4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Topcat

I did a vote on if I should put them on and the vote was No...leave it alone.

Cuda Cody

I'm all in on billboards.   :inlove:

anlauto

I'm all for bill boards if the car was ordered that way. If it was 1971 all over again, I would probably order them :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

IMO with a vinyl (or convertible) top, billboards yes, with a slick top, billboards no.

Shane Kelley

It's a tough call.  I personally think the car looks great either way. Not that one looks better than the other. It's just a different look.

I did vote yes. (black)

Spikedog08

Quote from: ViperMan on August 10, 2017, 10:45:19 AM
Is this about the one there in town?  :)

No has nothing to do with it . . . that is a 70 . . . no hockey stick, just black.  Has to do with the thread here about the billboards . . . and I'm curious.  Looks like more would order the billboard than not at this time . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on August 10, 2017, 05:38:42 PM
Same car :thinking:

As for the 2 pictures that Alan posted of the purple 71 . . . the one without billboards has an alot of purple, almost too much for me . . . that was the issue I had with my 70.  If the one without billboards had a white vinyl top, that would help.  But without, wow PURPLE! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Bullitt-

I could deal with this one personally

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

Black on black is a different strory, so subtle !!
I Like those !

RUNCHARGER

Me too, I can handle the black on black, any white on white?
Sheldon

Rich G.

I finished my 71 a few years ago and am still debating weather to put them on. I almost feel like putting them on one side just  for kicks!

Topcat

Yeah, It's all about the color you had chosen.

For me I just couldn't do Plum.
It was my first choice.

But then everybody was building 71's that color when I was building my car.

Curious yellow  and Mango are the next one's everybody has.

Did black before and it was just way  too much work to keep clean. Nice but no thanks.
I remember one day I spent the whole day washing and waxing it. Had it outside and then the tree blew pollen all over it.   :bricks:

No vinyl top this time meant no billboard.
Just wouldn't look right unless I had both.

bentpshrods

I went back and fourth on weather to add billboards or not.  When I put them on it completely changed the look of my car. Gave it a whole new attitude.  It just really works for me with the vinyl top, louvers and wing combo that my car had originally. I"m glad I added them.   

Finoke

Here is mine. Its like a totally different car with the billboard on.

CudaMoparRay

The only way to settle this for me is to buy one of each.