Main Menu

71 Cuda Billboard Vendor

Started by CudaA39, November 05, 2021, 02:57:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaA39

Who is the go-to for Cuda billboards? Jegs sells Phoenix Graphix, classic Industries sells a non identified vendor, both are made in USA and claim Authentic Mopar Restoration (which I'm sure doesn't necessarily mean much). Is there a common preference or maybe a common source to avoid?

Buying these before I need them so don't wanna find out in a year (or 3!) that I made a mistake
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

anlauto

For decades I used Performance Car Graphics, but since the passing of David, I switched to Phoenix Graphics. I just received white Hemi bill boards from them yesterday... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

Personally, if it is going to be two to three years before your going to be needing the stripe kit, I would might hold off until you get a bit closer in needing them.  Right now we are not having an issue getting the vinyl to make the stripes.  Hopefully that will continue.  But we offer them direct through the Dale's Cuda Shop site or one of the DCS vendors.

https://www.dalescudashop.com/1971-plymouth-cuda-340-white-billboard-tape-str1971340.html
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Didn't realize you guys were going to carry their stripes too ! That's awesome Richard, and good to know...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

69BFan

All of the Dale's Cuda Shop stripe kits are cut to order upon receiving the order.  We are still offering all of the various strip kits and configurations for the more popular year models.  Also available are all of the various stickers to finish out the restoration.  Just not doing any custom call outs or colors.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

CudaA39

Thanks for the replies and info gents.  My fear was that certain vehicle specific parts may soon become more difficult to buy, so I'm purchasing things a bit earlier than I normally would.  I would think the vinyl has a decent shelf life, but do you believe age could be an issue when it comes time to install?

Quote from: 69BFan on November 05, 2021, 05:03:31 PM
All of the Dale's Cuda Shop stripe kits are cut to order upon receiving the order.  We are still offering all of the various strip kits and configurations for the more popular year models.  Also available are all of the various stickers to finish out the restoration.  Just not doing any custom call outs or colors.

Is there some sort of complete OE kit for vehicles that contains all of the random under hood or interior graphics that you know of?  Or do you have to buy them individually?
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

anlauto

I think ECS puts together a small decal kit  :thinking:

69BFan

@CudaA39, like anything, the ability of the stripe kits and decals to stay fresh and crisp is all in the storage.  That is why I say to purchase them once the time comes up for installation of the needed pieces.  Even involved in the manufacturing of the pieces, we do not want them just laying around as we may mistakenly damage the piece.  If you can store them in an area that allows them to stay dry and away from direct sunlight, they will be fine.  Guys are still using NOS decals that are 50 plus years old with no problems.

We do not offer a complete kit under one part number for the various configurations.  It would just get to be too cumbersome as one guy does not need an emissions decal while someone else may not need the tire pressure decal.  It is just easier to submit your list of decals/stickers that your looking for based on the year model and body style along with the engine and drive train situation.

As for as the reproduction stickers and decals going away, I do not see that happening in the short term.  If you are looking at very limited production stripe kit for something like a '70 model Chrysler 300 H, then I would say most definitely that you should buy those pieces immediately.  But the more common stripe kits will be available as long as vinyl is available.  There is at least four different manufactures of the various stickers and stripes, so I feel that we will be in good shape for the next couple of years.

The hard pieces like the reproduction trim, grilles, shaker components, etc that has a limited scope of year models and body styles are the pieces that will go away the quickest and will be the most difficult to source.   Those are the items that I would be loading up on if I had the need for them for future projects, are to take your current car to the next level.