Main Menu

71 Heater box stamping Info Needed for Cuda

Started by Convertcuda, January 29, 2019, 04:45:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Convertcuda

Would anyone have a picture of A 71 heater box stamping? Its not the same as a 70. I need to the dimension of square box that goes around the stamp? The picture below does not give me enough information. Ken 715-432-5080

anlauto

The one I have measures 3 1/8" X 1 13/16" to the outside edges of the box.  @Cuda Cody do we not have this stamp on file ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Convertcuda

Hi Alan,

Could you please post a pic? If could lay a ruler next to it would be great. I did not see one on this site.

Ken

anlauto

I don't have the heater box here anymore. I took those measurements off of the stamp I have. I have a collection of over 30 different stamps now...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Convertcuda

Thank you Alan!!!!!!!! I trust your measurements but if anyone could double this on there box would be great.

Thanks Ken

Cuda Cody

I don't have a good 71 example to build perfect artwork off of so I have not done it yet.  If we can get a perfect straight on shot with clean font edges and measurements I can replicate it.

71vert340

Here's a couple of photos of mine. Looks like 2-13/16" long. Sorry I can't help you with the other dimension. I plan on pulling mine soon and going through it. I thought about correcting the factory stamp but I probably will leave it as is..

Terry

71vert340

A couple of more but not much help.
TW

Convertcuda

Thank you very much for the effort. Anyone else got the height?

Ken

anlauto

Funny how the yellow box on his heater box is clearly a different size then my sample picture....his looks closer to yours... :alan2cents:

76orangewagon

I found my heater box paint stamp and took a couple measurements if you still need them, looks like 2.825" x 1.625" to the outside of the box.

76orangewagon

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 29, 2019, 07:54:45 PM
I don't have a good 71 example to build perfect artwork off of so I have not done it yet.  If we can get a perfect straight on shot with clean font edges and measurements I can replicate it.

Cody,
Here are some pictures of the stamp I got from Sylvain, I can even send you the stamp if you'd like. The letters are 3/8" tall.  My heater stamp did not have a space between the 4th and 5th number like some of the examples posted above.

cudaize

Here's the stamp from my 71 340 CUDA heater.  I made the box 1-3/8 x 2-3/4.