Main Menu

Craigslist is now charging to list a car

Started by dave73, April 30, 2019, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

As of 4/15, Craigslist is charging $5 to list a car. I've noticed a decrease in old mopars listed locally and wonder if it correlates.

Cuda Cody

:thumbdown:  They need to make it easier to search if they want to charge for it.

anlauto

With so many free avenues on the internet I doubt too many people will want to pay.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 30, 2019, 07:07:29 PM
:thumbdown:  They need to make it easier to search if they want to charge for it.

So much this. The fact that I need to use a separate site just to search it is ridiculous.
Someday I will have a J0b.

GoodysGotaCuda

Craigslist has been off my radar for quite some time now. Last old car I bought was off of Facebook market place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Burdar

QuoteCraigslist has been off my radar for quite some time now. Last old car I bought was off of Facebook market place. 

Late last year I was selling some stuff and had things listed on Craigslist as well as a few other sites.  I didn't get a single response from Craigslist.  The majority of my sales were through the Market Place.

dave73

What are people using to search in the US? I have not used facebook marketplace, I don't have a facebook account. I'm guessing that's required? Usually in my area craigslist was pretty good, but now I've seen it decline. Trying to find another pre-70's mopar project and not sure where to look...

Burdar

I didn't have a Facebook account until late last year.  Up until that time, my wife listed things using her account.  She quickly got tired of having to answer messages for my stuff so she made me sign up. ::)  Initially, Facebook doesn't give you access to Market Place.   You have to have your account for awhile before you can access it.  You can become a "member" of different Facebook selling "groups" right away though.  Some groups are "open" and others are "closed".  Meaning, only members can see what content is in a "closed" group.  You just send a request to join a group and a moderator will eventually give you access.

I joined a Mopar Trader page and there are lots of cars and parts for sale in that group.

RUNCHARGER

Ebay was pretty good then "they" fixed it, I haven't used it since. Craigslist was pretty much a waste of time and seemed to be where all the bottom feeders went, now "they" fixed it and I won't miss it either.
Sheldon

captcolour

I used to use Search Tempest to search all of Craigslist.  That's how I found Bob's 'cuda out in California.  Search Tempest isn't 100% accurate.  I've found things on a specific city's list that would not show up with Search Tempest.