Main Menu

Another Attempt: Oh How I Wish I Could Locate This Car!

Started by 7E-Bodies, September 08, 2020, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I might add that at 19, I was an idiot that could paint. You'll notice in one of the pics of the right side of the car that I later simulated the blackout hood decal with flat black lacquer and added hood pins. If the car were just sitting in someone's collection, it may still have blackout and non-stock hood pins. The car did not come with blackout nor pins.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

I'd bet it is not green any more - many cars were changed to red/sublime/purple/black in the '90s +

odds are it is purple/white & HEMI powered   :notsure:   you're going to have to look at any JS23U0B3 to find it

I have 10 JS23U0B VINs between 305000 & 355000 and 2 of them are registered in Sweden - I only have fender tag info on 5 of the 10

7E-Bodies

@6bblgt can you eliminate mine with the info on those 5 fender tags? I'd love to see anything that might be close.

6bblgt

yes, 2 FC7 and 1 EK2 are 4-speeds & 1 FE5 and 1 EB5 are automatics

cuda hunter

I've got a js23uob165330 that is ef8 d21 v1x.  so not yours. 

these U's are difficult to find in general. I have very few u's that I've found in my travels. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I've got a js23uob149392 ef4 v1f d32 but no v5f  does have v9J though.  So, not yours. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on September 09, 2020, 07:43:25 AM
@cuda hunter what is V9J? A stripe?

Oh V9J....that's short for Jumanji ....sort of a "camo" jungle look... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Actually Chartreuse bumblebee stripe

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@6bblgt thank you for clarifying the 5 that can be eliminated. It keeps me from wondering. I'd like to think the car has survived the crusher. It was incredibly preserved the day this hired seeker contacted me from Vermont. He and his wife (she was a notary and title handler) flew into Peoria Airport and I met them at their hotel. They paid me cash from a briefcase and informed me that they were sent by a buyer. They seemed quite experienced and were well pleased with the car and my description of its condition. Hard to think someone wouldn't have taken care of it all these years. I'll bet we'd all love to meet the people that have these quietly tucked away in spare garage stalls, never in shoes, not on databases and registries. I know they exist because I've found a few by sheer luck.

cuda hunter

sure would like to meet some of those folks.  I've been looking for a cuda for my whole adult life. 
One day I'll fall into one. 

Shoooter

Good luck withthe search.  Maybe put up a few wanted adds on craigslist in the area you last know of its whereabouts.  Maybe a finders fee if its found.might get people talking

7E-Bodies

In a way this has already been done. Reward included.

JH27N0B

By any chance were you a member of SIAC back in the 80s?
The application form had you fill out info on your e bodies, including the VIN.  Some years back I was mailed back one of my application forms by Barry, who'd received those records, and it had the VIN of "cuda of tears", a 71 cuda 340 I'd bought from the original owner when I was in college with 29,000 miles, and was a showroom demo with almost every option imaginable. Chicago area salt had rotted it badly and I decided it was too far gone.  But it was cool getting that paperwork with the VIN!

7E-Bodies

No, I wasn't. Now the 70 RT I have now was in that club with a previous owner. Barry got me the documents on it, but no such luck with my old one. I've already hit up Barry to see if he has any F4 JS23U0B's in his database. No luck.

7E-Bodies

Special thanks to @medivac (Ethan) for a helpful call from Alaska referring me to an acquaintance of his that may have the means to help me. Ethan, the email is already sent.