Main Menu

Another Shout out to Mike Ross @ B/E & A

Started by 76orangewagon, January 15, 2021, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

I do agree that he is a wealth of information and his work is top notch  . .  Unfortunately he refused to play nicely with other members and with that . . caused his own banishment.  It was not a decision that was decided easily and or quickly.  He was warned multiple times and was even given a 30 day time out and still came back with the same attitude and disrespect to members and myself. 

Sad to say that although his contribution to this site could of been very useful and informative . . It has been really quiet since his departure.  Wish it could of worked out differently . .

:dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

xx88man

Your Cuda is looking amazing @76orangewagon  I'm glad you got it completed. Thanks for showing the beautiful work Mike constantly does. I come across way too many that are in the hobby for personal gain but from my dealings with Mike he is more interested in the love of the cars and helping people.
Keep yer foot in it

JS29

:iagree: He does care more about the cars and there owners.  :yes:

dodj

Quote from: 76orangewagon on January 29, 2021, 01:58:34 PM
Actually he cannot because I believe he said his IP address is locked
It may be because Mike has his computer configured with a static IP. If he does, he can change it to DHCP and his IP will change from day to day.   :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

screamindriver

Quote from: anlauto on January 29, 2021, 01:22:36 PM
You two look like brothers in that picture :yes:
I find it ironic that the person responsible for the poor craftsmanship and bad customer service{ that still hasn't been addressed} making Mike feel the need to bring attention to this person's poor techniques and values,  somehow feels it's perfectly OK to respond in this thread...I guess you know what YOU look like to everyone else... :yes:

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: 76orangewagon on January 29, 2021, 01:24:33 PM
If any members are interested in some OEM Black Wrinkle done, Mike has nailed the process using a durable Powder coating. Why would you even want to try this with a Cheap "Rattle can" when the finish would never hold up to any type of cleaning chemicals or underhood fluids.

That looks amazing!

davy442

Well, I purchased my 'cuda in 2013,  the Nash Bridges #1 Cuda.  Although it had been rotisserie restored in the past, like all used cars I've purchased in the past, there are always issues.  In my case, the wiper motor was non-functional, turn signal switch was inconsistent, oil pressure gauge was non-functional, and one exhaust tail pipe was crooked.  I dabbled with the wiper motor, checking fuses, power, and couldn't figure it out, as the motor looked new.  Been thinking about getting someone to look at/fix  the car for me for 7 years now, someone who has a lot of experience with these cars. Didn't feel comfortable with anyone in my circle of friends / acquaintances.   Saw this thread about Mike, who's about ? 40 miles from me ?  and decided to let him have at a go at it. 

The wiper motor and linkage turned out to be for the wrong year, which he knew instantly, and the linkage was jammed in the cowl area, which likely burned up the motor.  Mike replaced with an appropriate motor and linkage.

The oil pressure gauge had a bad sending unit, but there was interference between the sending unit and the newer engine block not allowing the unit to be screwed down in the block correctly.  Someone had ground down the bottom of the fitting, ? closing off the pressure port ?  and also cross threaded it into the block.  Mike placed a 90 degree elbow and new sending unit to solve the problem.

The turn signal switched needed adjusted, and the tail pipe needed rotated and tack welded.  DONE  !!!

Well,  Rule #1  used to be " No eating in the 'cuda"

Now, Rule #1 has been changed to " No one touches 'cuda without Mike's permission !" 
Great job !!!

Cuda_mark

I've always had great interactions with Mike. Just the other day I called him about some parts and asked him about a power steering hose I knew he didn't carry.

Even though he didn't have any, he helped point me in the right direction to get some answers on how to get the right hose I need. Every other supplier in the industry that I talked to wouldn't give me the time of day if I wasn't buying something from them.

Mike just seems to honestly want to help people out.

JS29

FE5CUDA

Man, that Mike Ross guy sure does get around and it seems like it's always positive.  Sure wish I knew the car was at his shop, I would have loved to drive the 10 miles from my shop to see it.

Cuda Cody

The results look amazing.   :clapping:  Top notch work.   :1place:

davy442

Quote from: FE5CUDA on February 17, 2021, 11:47:17 AM
Man, that Mike Ross guy sure does get around and it seems like it's always positive.  Sure wish I knew the car was at his shop, I would have loved to drive the 10 miles from my shop to see it.

Well, I have plans for additional work to be done by Mike, in the fall, once the parts arrive. So you can wait till then, or if you are ever north in the chagrin falls area on a weekend , you're welcome to visit and do a little bs'n. Mike is the only one I will let work on this car.  He is a great guy.

JS29

He helped me out in the past, You guys that live near him are fortunate enough to get to meet him in person.  :yes:

Skdmark

Another positive review.

I reached out to Mike via email to see if he would be willing to redo a rally light bar I just picked up off ebay. I asked him to blast, refinish inside the reflectors, refinish the exterior and replace the lenses using tubular rivets. He replied very quickly and we chatted over the phone. Needless to say, he ordered and had the tubular rivets at his shop before I could get the light bar and lenses to him. He turned the light bar around in about 48 hours. From the time I shipped it to him and getting it back to me roundtrip was 7 days. That was crazy fast considering it spent 4-5 of those days in transit.

Inside the reflectors is powder coated white. The exterior is powder coated black. The tubular rivets were powder coated prior to installing too.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

71vert340

I wish I still lived in Ohio. I'd like to meet Mike. I'm driving through there possibly in June and I may have to set some time up to meet him.
Terry W.