Main Menu

Aren't Shakers Popular Anymore ?

Started by anlauto, April 09, 2017, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I thought everybody and their Mother wants to buy an original N96 coded E Body ?
I thought the coveted Shaker hood was the most desirable E Body option ?
...then you have that sitting on top of a 440+6 engine and how can you not love it.....

THEN PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY....these two beautiful original N96 E Bodies are still sitting available for sale on my web site ??? :pullinghair:

Both are very nice, granted I don't know the details of each, but I know there's no way you could restore one to that level for the $85,000.00 asking price......These cars should have sold instantly in my opinion  :takemymoney:

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/EV2VCODE4SALE.html

and

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/B5VCODE4SALE.html

What's holding them back ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JRMac73

I would love to have one but have anywhere near that money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fc7cuda

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2017, 10:37:24 AM

What's holding them back ? :thinking:

Available funds.  :alan2cents:
When you really start to get up to those high $$, the number of buyers with that kind of disposable funds diminishes.  Plus, there's the opportunity cost of what other cars or items can be bought with that kind of money.

I'm sure they'll sell eventually, but perhaps the market is speaking...

YYZ

I would agree that the rarity factor alone on the Challenger (plus good colour combo) should have seen it move.   

The 'Cuda is quite nice and almost all original metal.   I have seen it many times in bare metal, and the gents that did the body and paint (RIP Dave & Scotty) did amazing work when they were still with us

Cuda Cody

Those are priced so right I can not believe they have not sold.  The car season is just heating up so maybe they will find new homes soon.  There's someone out there that is looking for those cars and just hasn't found them yet.   :alan2cents:   I think they are prices so good people might even think they are clones.  Real deal N96 cars for that money is awesome!

JS29

Quote from: JRMac73 on April 09, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

:iagree: I can't be-leave they haven't sold for that kind of money, both great colors. 

JRMac73

Quote from: JS29 on April 09, 2017, 11:49:25 AM
Quote from: JRMac73 on April 09, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

:iagree: I can't be-leave they haven't sold for that kind of money, both great colors.
I do agree. Wish I did have the funds.

RUNCHARGER

They might be priced too low. Sometimes if priced too low, potential buyers might think there are issues.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

I think they are priced right, but as mentioned the pool of buyers narrows the higher you get. Have you marketed them overseas? Put them on eBay? Entertaining trades?

anlauto

I'm not really "marketing" them. I just offer a free service for cool cars to advertise on my web site. The orange car is local to me, but I've never met the owner of the blue car.
I'd like to advertise projects that may lead to restoration work for me too....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kdcarman

Put them on ebay.  They will sell quickly.

anlauto

The blue Challenger did a stint on EBay not to long ago with no sale.... :dunno:

Chryco Psycho

The blue Chall would be mine immediatly if I had any $$ & if it had a 4spd , But I will not buy any E body without the 4 spd pistol , my car , my rules  :alan2cents:

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

If it was a 4 speed it would be gone for sure. I don't know why the Cuda hasn't gone, perhaps because it is in Canada. Neither one is matching #'s engine either so as prices stretch up that becomes more and more of a factor.
Sheldon