Main Menu

Aren't Shakers Popular Anymore ?

Started by anlauto, April 09, 2017, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ScottSmith_Harms

Niether price is crazy high but determining a realistic final price would all boil down to the documentation and numbers status IMO.

Just my opinions:

If the Challenger were numbers and a 4 speed that price would be considered very fair by most, but with non numbers and an auto I think most would pass at that price and start looking for a Cuda.

If the Cuda were numbers matching and the fender tag was verified to be original? Then it would be gone at that price, especially if it had a broadcast sheet, but without a sheet and a (possible) reproduction fender tag? You can't prove the options that make it desirable so all bets are off.

anlauto

:iagree: One thing I've found is people with that kind of money to spend want the car to be "right" . They want matching numbers, they want a sheet and original tags....

Joe Average may really like the car, but he doesn't have $85K to spend on a toy :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on April 09, 2017, 07:37:20 PM
Niether price is crazy high but determining a realistic final price would all boil down to the documentation and numbers status IMO.

Just my opinions:

If the Challenger were numbers and a 4 speed that price would be considered very fair by most, but with non numbers and an auto I think most would pass at that price and start looking for a Cuda.

If the Cuda were numbers matching and the fender tag was verified to be original? Then it would be gone at that price, especially if it had a broadcast sheet, but without a sheet and a (possible) reproduction fender tag? You can't prove the options that make it desirable so all bets are off.

Great points Scott!   :worship: :clapping: :yes:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 09, 2017, 07:56:58 PM
Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on April 09, 2017, 07:37:20 PM

Just my opinions:

Great points Scott!   :worship: :clapping: :yes:

I'm with Scott on the Challenger.  The Cuda has big problems, no build sheet and a badly manufactured fake fender tag.

YYZ

Might be an idea to have the seller post up the original tag, pitted or not as it is a real V-code shaker, though IIRC it's an A33 car, not A34

I was 3rd in line to buy it back in the early-mid 1990s though I wound up with an FY1/column shift/A34 V-code stripper 'Cuda instead.

For some reason, putting the rear sway bar in with the Dana was a thing back in our area at the time -- I know of several cars that had it done including a Hemicuda and another U-code 'Cuda

Marc70challenger

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2017, 07:48:35 PM
:iagree: One thing I've found is people with that kind of money to spend want the car to be "right" . They want matching numbers, they want a sheet and original tags....

Joe Average may really like the car, but he doesn't have $85K to spend on a toy :alan2cents:

Yup.  Think you are right. 

RUNCHARGER

Yes: It is the grey area. Terrific looking cars, desirable options but big money needs docs and matching #'s. Won't sell it for small money (And I wouldn't either) so the medium money has to be the right guy.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

All valid points above. Just simple want and economics in my opinion.

rhamson

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2017, 07:48:35 PM

:iagree:

4mayhemi

Scott did hit it on the head. 
Been looking for a couple years at N96 V's.  Non-matching restored starts 65K. Assume sell for 55-60K with pedigree questionable. That's a great car you're listing for the guy (notwithstanding BS and tag). But at 88K, that small pool of buyers probably have another 10K to get a matching numbers, or move over to hemi Bbodies. There are still a lot of Ebodies floating around the 100K mark that have been listed for many, many moons.

Rustd49

Has anyone gone to see the Red cuda? I'm interested in it, but based on what I've read maybe #'s, documented car would be a safer bet!

Cuda Cody

@Rustd49  I have not seen the EV2 Cuda in person, but I would not let the non numbers thing stop you if you like the car.  If it's a real N96 shaker cuda and a real 6 pack, you should be able to drive it and enjoy for many years and it might even go up in value too.  It's hard to go wrong buying Hemi's and Six Pack E-Bodies.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: Rustd49 on July 05, 2017, 04:21:02 PM
Has anyone gone to see the Red cuda? I'm interested in it, but based on what I've read maybe #'s, documented car would be a safer bet!

anlauto

Quote from: Rustd49 on July 05, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

YES ...I agree, but a numbers matching documented 1970 440+6 4 spd shaker Cuda with these options will also cost you a lot more. Would be a six figure car in my opinion. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rustd49

Thanks for the advice... I plan to go see it on Friday and I'm trying to get a third party to go with me to try to verify its originality. It's just hard to find a set of mopar eyes....

Cuda Cody

Alan has about as much experience as anyone with these cars.  Plus you can take a lot of photos and post them here.  We'll be happy to tell you what we see.   :grouphug: