Main Menu

Auxiliary auto trans cooler mounting / lines for 70 Cuda

Started by 1stDay#10, January 10, 2018, 03:52:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1stDay#10

:help:Looking for a good schematic or photo that shows correct mounting and cooler line placement for the auxiliary cooler and lines on 1970 Hemi Cuda application.  I have a brand new Glen Ray radiator and cooler.  Any help appreciated.  Thank you.....moparmatthews
1stDay#10

Jim AAR

I found the attached in the 1970 Plymouth Service Manual, it's not Hemi specific but maybe it will help.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Jim AAR on January 10, 2018, 04:04:14 PM
I found the attached in the 1970 Plymouth Service Manual, it's not Hemi specific but maybe it will help.

Actually that is the Hemi cooler

1stDay#10

Thanks for the schematic.  The E Body auxiliary cooler made by Glen Ray has both lines exiting the same point leaving only one conceivable mounting position which is contrary to the schematic.  We have it close to matching the SS Fine Lines cooler line kit so I think we have it figured out.  Thanks again for the quick response.  Moparmatthews
1stDay#10

Jim AAR

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 10, 2018, 05:04:47 PM
Quote from: Jim AAR on January 10, 2018, 04:04:14 PM

Actually that is the Hemi cooler

That makes sense as it looks like only Hemi's use the Auxillary Cooler in series with the regular AT Cooler in the Rad.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Jim AAR

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 10, 2018, 06:44:54 PM
The drawing is B-body.

No idea, but that's the ONLY drawing in the 1970 Plymouth Service Manual, it does not show ANYTHING for Model specific.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon