Main Menu

Bad day for the cuda - updated pics of carnage

Started by torredcuda, June 10, 2018, 03:26:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bullitt-

:stop: Take a break & contemplate..... Don't wanna hear another wish I had kept it story
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Ric

torredcuda

First assessment is paint cooked on passenger  inner fender, underside hood and valance, maybe fender, parts list - grill warped, lower valance insert cooked, radiator shroud and vapor cannistor took some heat, wiring, hoses, not sure if anything electrical got fried. basically I`ll have to see what Hagerty says and settles before I do anything but thanks for offers of help.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

torredcuda

Quote from: Bullitt- on June 10, 2018, 04:51:24 PM
:stop: Take a break & contemplate..... Don't wanna hear another wish I had kept it story

Had it since `82 so it`s not going anywhere but maybe put on the back burner for a while  - I have other projects to work on anyways.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Cudakiller70

At least you had fire extinguishers in place, this stuff happens to the best of us. This could of been way worse! Glad your ok and your car is seems fixable.

RUNCHARGER

You could step back for a week or so but make sure you dig in and get it running ASAP. I've seen deals like this last for another 30 years and getting sold in the end anyway. You'll get over it but make sure it runs otherwise it is just a bunch of parts and that will get anyone down. My 66 caught fire and it seemed bad but I had it running within a week, it would still be sitting with dust  on it if I hadn't.
Sheldon

340challconvert

Really sorry that happened to your Cuda
Don't give up; the situation will get better.
Good advice here; take a short break, wait for the insurance assessment, but get the car running.
It will go a long way in taking away some of the pain.
I'm really glad the car can be repaired!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

Wow Jeff.  :sorry:    Set back for sure, but no one got hurt. It can be rebuilt!

jimynick

Do yourself a favour and make a list of everything you see that's damaged, then, source a repairer to perform said repairs and make sure that they are competent on electrical, mechanical and body/paint or that they have good subcontractors. If it's like Canada, the company will not pay for the cause of the loss, so if it's the fuel line, they won't pay for it, but will cover all the resultant damage. See if the appraiser uses a computer appraisal system, as if he does, then the damages will show up on Carfax and that may be an issue for you. Make sure the appraisal reflects accurate labour costs in your arera and not just a common set amount as you'll end up paying the difference otherwise. Give the appraiser any info you may have on sourcing replacement parts as that'll speed things up since these cars are no longer in the system. Be sure he allows for clean-up, both inside and out and see if your policy has loss of use coverage since then they'll pay up to a specified amount for a replacement vehicle for you to drive during repairs. Might be an opportunity to get your butt in a new Challenger, who knows. I did this for a living for 35+ years so if you have a question, just PM me. Good luck and keep your cool.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cordodge

Wow, So sorry this happened. It is a fear of mine as well, I always carry an fire extinguisher with me at all times. No one was hurt which is great, take breather but don't let it beat you get back at it with a fresh start.

cudamadd

Sorry that happen , I am glad it could be saved all the best  :australia:

YellowThumper

As all have said. Sorry to see and hear of that.
Be thankful your calm head and extinguishers prevailed.  Breath and then step back into it. All is repairable.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

Damn dude, that sucks.. Glad nobody got hurt. I know it's heartbreaking, but you can make it right again.. Sorry, wish it didn't happen.

nsmall

Nooooooooooo.  Man, I am so sorry to hear this.  I would reach out to Jimynick and anyone else you know in the insurance business as this was an accident, and hopefully there will be some coverage.  You would think the insurance company would be thankful you put the fire out vs having a total loss.  Super sorry hear this.

Morty426

Very glad that you are OK and no major damage was done.  That could have been a lot worse. 

I recommend that you clean it and get it running.

Then take a break. 

Then fix it