Main Menu

Black 70 Hemi Challenger

Started by Bill Pritchard, March 26, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  I can honestly say I wish I owned it!   :worship:  Cool car!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Bill Pritchard

Here's another memory I have from my old car that I'm sure you folks will love. One of the few things that was missing when I bought the car was the original radiator. Some 35 years later, I still have that p/n burned into my memory bank.....2998956. Anyway, this was in the early 1980's, WELL prior to the days of internet searches, etc. , so finding this was no easy task. Finally talked to a guy in Grand Rapids MI who said he had one. Living in the Chicago area at the time, it was a fairly easy trip up there to take a look. I got there and indeed, he had what I needed. I asked him what this came out of, and he replied that he had parted out......get ready for it.....a Panther Pink 70 Cuda 440-6 convertible  :unbelievable:  Bet he wishes he had that to do over again  :yes:

RUNCHARGER

Sad that is; I remember buying parts off a 70 R/T-SE Six pack 4 speed in the early 80's. Insurance company wrote it off and they shouldn't have. It had minor quarter damage but that exceeded book value back then. I bet that owner wished he never went in to make the claim.
Sheldon

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   :waving:

Katfish

I'll top that, mid 80's I traded a shot gun and $150 for a 70 R/T Challenger, 383 originally but had a 413 in it, Panther Pink too but mostly covered with primer.  My friend and I spent the next week driving it around doing burn outs until the tires were gone then parked it.
Stripped some parts from it to put on my 72 318 Challenger then had it towed to JY to be crushed.

superwrench

I think I've driven all my E bodies in that condition !!  LOL.....It's the temptation...plus by doing that, you know how the drivetrain is and can then move on to the "finer" particulars ! :ohyeah:

Floyd

There was a guy in the Bethesda area during that timeframe that was moving through mult-carb mopars.  His name was Scott Martin.  I didn't know him well, but it's possible he may have had it at one time. He passed away about 10-12 years ago I think.

CudaMoparRay

A late  :welcome: from Sylmar, CA good luck on your search.

Bill Pritchard

Quote from: Floyd on May 29, 2018, 10:11:09 AM
There was a guy in the Bethesda area during that timeframe that was moving through mult-carb mopars.  His name was Scott Martin.  I didn't know him well, but it's possible he may have had it at one time. He passed away about 10-12 years ago I think.

Very interesting, thanks for the tip Floyd.