Main Menu

Breaking into a Cuda trunk ? UPDATE

Started by anlauto, October 05, 2020, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: tparker on October 06, 2020, 01:44:46 PM
Honestly, a lock pick.

I bought one a few months ago and within an hour I had a couple simple locks open. Not hard really. Amazon sells them for under $20. Those locks aren't that great.

What ever you do, DON"T DRILL IT OUT. LOL. I'm not sure what I was thinking or what I did, but I ruined the finishing panel trying to pry out the lock or something. I have no idea. Maybe It was the old owner. I know I drilled out the lock but I can't recall why the panel would be all messed up there. LOL.

The rod fell off the lock..."picking the lock" would not help. :'(

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I timed it...it took 3 mins to remove the license plate holder (2 bolts) Likely could have left it on. and (4 screws) on the filler neck, a little persuasion, and it came right out. Reached in with two fingers and opened the latch... I had to remove the rubber floor seal to make the re-install go easier (4 screws)

No pulling out seats, no squeezing my self into the trunk....

Pretty simple really
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Couldn't do that with a Challenger, another reason Cudas are better.  :Stirring: 

Cuda Cody

:rofl:

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 06, 2020, 02:54:29 PM
Couldn't do that with a Challenger, another reason Cudas are better.  :Stirring:

Bullitt-

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 06, 2020, 02:54:29 PM
Wouldn't have the problem with a Challenger to begin with   :pokeeye:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Jay Bee

Ouch, burn. Yeah, but probably have bigger and more problems.   :wrenching:   :)

jimynick

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 06, 2020, 04:14:55 PM
Ouch, burn. Yeah, but probably have bigger and more problems.   :wrenching:   :)
Yeah, you're right John. Cuda owners. Just sayin'  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

MoparCarGuy

plymth70

You need a 5 year old, they can get past bracing

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on October 06, 2020, 02:18:33 PM
I timed it...it took 3 mins to remove the license plate holder (2 bolts) Likely could have left it on. and (4 screws) on the filler neck, a little persuasion, and it came right out. Reached in with two fingers and opened the latch... I had to remove the rubber floor seal to make the re-install go easier (4 screws)

No pulling out seats, no squeezing my self into the trunk....

Pretty simple really
Nice!
But....
Don't keep anything too valuable in a cuda trunk?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill