Main Menu

Challenger running for first time in 16 years

Started by ledphoot, April 29, 2018, 04:52:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

ledphoot

340, Ported W2's, 520 lift, TTI headers etc. ~400 horse. Pretty stout little small block my brother built.

Chryco Psycho

ported W2s = you should be closer to 500 hp  :twothumbsup:

jimynick

Great to hear it come to life again, eh?! There IS something special to the moment it actually fires and runs, that's for sure, and with a snotty 340 like you describe, it'll be even more fun getting it on the road!  :fingerscrossed:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ledphoot

Mild pump gas build. Conservative estimate on power but I doubt very much it's more than 450 :) closer to 400.

And yes it was an emotional experience to hear it fire for the first time. It's been a long time coming.

ledphoot

It'll be interesting to drive the 416 stroker powered Cuda after a spin in the 340 Challenger. Both Trenec 5 speeds, the  Cuda has 3.23 diff and Challenger has 3.55.

RUNCHARGER

Ha: Stock 71 340's go around 315HP. Headers and camshaft would probably make 370HP. I agree you are cooking more than 400HP, It's the MPH at the end of the quarter that counts of course. W2's sure make a big difference. My son is installing a ported W-2 360 in his little 240Z, I expect it to surprise him with it's performance.
Sheldon

ledphoot

Smallblock mopars with good cam / head / gear combos have surprised many a big block.

In a 240z???? His jaw is gonna drop.

ledphoot

The carb isn't gonna work out, I guess when I pulled it I left fuel in it and it caused pitting inside that won't clean up. It runs OK but the secondaries are getting fuel past the seals... May do a Holley Sniper or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YDfFyMDqo

She sounds pretty stout for now, should give my 416 a run for it's money.

nsmall

Love it!!!  Car sounds nasty and I mean that in a good way.  I wish I lived closer as I would like a ride.  Good luck getting back on the road as it sounds like you are close.

ledphoot

We're both in California, perhaps some day we will end up at the same show / cruise hanging out.. My brother's Challenger should be road worthy very soon. My Cuda is gonna be a bit longer. Maybe six months left since nothing I want to do to it is cheap or easy.

superdave

8) I just watched that video and my daughter came over to watch (8 years old) and she said "it sounds like a lot of people are clapping!" We are sugar, we are. :clapping: :banana:

Andrewg

Awesome! I'm doing the same thing, trying to get mine back on the road. Will definitely be doing a video when I start it up for the first time.

nsmall

Quote from: superdave on May 03, 2018, 10:04:59 AM
8) I just watched that video and my daughter came over to watch (8 years old) and she said "it sounds like a lot of people are clapping!" We are sugar, we are. :clapping: :banana:

Nice one superdave.  My seven year old stands behind my car and begs me to floor it as its loud and he loves it.  Not sure if thats dangerous, but I love to hook him up.  Maybe I should get him some sort of face shield?