Main Menu

1972 Barracuda, Off The Road 18 years, Not Running In 10 Years

Started by justincollier, November 12, 2022, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

justincollier

Not an ideal day for a revival. 30 degrees and snow flurries. I put in a fresh battery, filled the fuel bowls on the carb, and ran a fuel hose from a 2 gallon can of gas to the fuel pump. Turned the key, and it fired immediately and idled! So far, I'm very impressed with MOPAR's! Today, I had time to warm it up and change the oil. Tomorrow, I'll see if I have brakes and transmission gears to drive it down the street.

Blowout

That's cool.  One of my favorite parts. Get something old running again.

justincollier

Thanks. I've done 3 or 4 revivals, and the nervousness followed by triumph (or sometimes setback) is always an experience.
I was going to post a 30 second video, but it appears that MP4 is not a supported format.

justincollier

It may have only been .1 a mile, at 3 mph while my brother held the gas can on the front fender, but after more than 10 years off the road, the Barracuda moved under it's on power! I have brakes, power steering, and at least 1st gear and reverse. Looking forward to doing the maintenance items and getting this one back on the road!

justincollier

I took vacation this short work week, and while waiting for parts to be delivered, took advantage of mild November weather to install wheels and tires and wax.

ledphoot

What a beauty, congratulations on resurrecting the old fish from the dead :)

Woot

usraptor

For being off the road for 18 years it's in incredible condition! You obviously took good care of it!   :clapping:

justincollier

Thanks! Definitely looks better in pics, but it's presentable and perfect for cruise nights. Not too bad for sitting under a car cover in my neighbors driveway for 10 years, in the unfavorable Missouri climate.