Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle vs. Mopar Nationals

Started by mtull, July 15, 2024, 08:38:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mixup7071

I haven't been to Carlisle it sounds great, mopar Nationals is closer to me it does get dusty the racing is fun to watch and gives you a chance to relax from walking and looking at all the cars now a big plus for me and my friends we all have different cars, challenger, duster demon charger darts, so we can park together, I hear at Carlisle you can,t park different cars together, in my opinion the more mopar shows there are the better, people that can't go to one has a chance to go to a different one

torredcuda

Quote from: Mixup7071 on July 17, 2024, 09:57:15 AMI haven't been to Carlisle it sounds great, mopar Nationals is closer to me it does get dusty the racing is fun to watch and gives you a chance to relax from walking and looking at all the cars now a big plus for me and my friends we all have different cars, challenger, duster demon charger darts, so we can park together, I hear at Carlisle you can,t park different cars together, in my opinion the more mopar shows there are the better, people that can't go to one has a chance to go to a different one

Parking your car with friends that are in different classes would be nice but I guess each way has it`s pros and cons.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Burdar

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 16, 2024, 06:38:08 AMI was informed this year a few things about the nats.

No grass, all rocks and dirt.  Hot and dusty.About half of the pit area is asphalt.  The other half is grass. There is a row of asphalt right next to the staging lanes that is prime car show territory and you'd better stake out your spot on Thursday or you won't get a spot there.
 The rest of the car show field is grass.  Some of the car show area has gravel driveways/lanes but not all.  The car corral is all grass.
 The swap area is grass with gravel driveways/lanes. The manufactures midway is asphalt.  They sometimes have the survivor tent/special vehicle display tent over there on the asphalt.

Very little to no organization. This is true.  I like that to a point but they could use a little more.  Last year we staked a nice spot in the grass on Thursday afternoon as soon as we got into town.  We set up the tent as a place marker.  Friday morning was no issue.  We went to the spot and set up.  Friday night we took the top off the tent but left the frame standing for Saturday.  On Saturday morning we rolled in and the people next to us on Friday parked another car in our spot and refused to move.  There was nothing we could do but find another spot.

Vendors can't stay on site with their goods and I was told of many stories where peoples stuff were stolen while they were sleeping in hotels.  People just threw the goods over the fences and off they went. This is true to some degree.  I've never heard that theft is rampant but when you have a large show it's bound to attract that element.

Bathrooms are terrible and are full with little to no maintenance.  Carlisle has attendants at all bathrooms including the portopotties.
  This is all second hand knowledge.  I was still told that I should experience the nats once and it will make my appreciation for carlisle nationals much greater! I've heard stories of full portopotties in the swap area before.  I've never seen a full one in the car show area.  Lately they have had bathroom trailers with A/C and are good about having them emptied throughout the weekend.  It's nice to get a little break from the heat in the A/C.

fc7cuda

Quote from: torredcuda on July 17, 2024, 05:05:18 AM
Quote from: mtull on July 17, 2024, 04:35:55 AM
Quote from: torredcuda on July 17, 2024, 04:17:50 AMif I was able to go to another one other than Carlisle it would be Moparty

I've never been but might be able to go next year.  Thank you for the suggestion.

The only thing stopping me from going is that it would an 18+ hour drive from New Hampshire, I would probably have to fly in and rent a car to attend.

I vend at Carlisle and will be vending at Moparty this September.  If there's something you're specifically looking for, send me a list.