Main Menu

Mopar Nationals...Well ?

Started by anlauto, August 10, 2019, 05:06:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Other then the storm that took down that guys tent on Thursday, anybody got any first hand reviews of the Friday/Saturday show so far ?
Any pictures ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

:popcorn:How about some swap meet pictures! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

GrandpaKevin

cuda hunter

Did you get the fender tag picture?  That would explain the 1 of 1 statement.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 10, 2019, 06:57:14 PM
Did you get the fender tag picture?  That would explain the 1 of 1 statement.

No it was on a trailer parked waaay back behind a fence, wasn't worth the effort to get a closer look.

70 Challenger Lover

Wow...wasn't that long ago the 70 Chargers took a back seat to the 68-69 (and many other Mopars)

JH27N0B

I was there today.  Weather was really nice compared to the usual humid 90 degree days!
It was pretty crowded but the number of real interesting cars was down from days past.  Most interesting cars I saw were a gold T/A in the car corral for $59K.  And a factory sun roof Challenger gator grain top!  Lots of V code ebodies too.
I took a lot of pictures but the only ones I took in the swap were some cars.  In fact, I was time and bad feet challenged, so skipped some of the swap altogether.  I'm currently not seeking any parts anyway.
I won't get a chance to download my pictures until I get home, and am super far behind in general, and working long hours.  I still haven't finished editing my Oshkosh airshow pics from a few weeks ago, so won't get a Nats album on my Flickr account for another week likely. I'll post it here when I do though.

anlauto

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on August 10, 2019, 06:48:43 PM
Deal of the day! :rubeyes:

Could be someone making a joke ? Poking fun at all the BJ watchers who think their cars are worth their weight in gold ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

bennydodge

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on August 10, 2019, 06:48:43 PM
Deal of the day! :rubeyes:

And the requisite body color showing through the grille... :barf:.
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

Burdar

Driving home now. Perfect weather on Friday/Saturday. Car coral and fun field were full. Lot of newer cars but still lots of old Mopar iron to enjoy. Swap meet was busy. Racing attendance was way down. I attribute that to a couple other big events the same weekend. After hours activities were alive and well in Buckey Lake. They shut the road down at 8:30 to get things back in control. I got a great video of a hellcat Charger doing a burn out down the street. Can that be uploaded here or does it have to be on YouTube first?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

76orangewagon

I was there Friday only this year. The attendance was smaller but Friday's always are, the swap meet was about the same but the MFG midway was where I noticed the real decline, vendors like legendary interiors had moved to the swap meet area must be a cost thing. The biggest difference I noticed was the judged car show area ....wow what a difference, a few years ago it filled the area east of the track now it's in a small fenced in area inside the middle of the free for all general parking. There were two beautiful AAR Cuda's there being judged but total cars had to be less than 30 for all models. So, is the show declining...yes, is it worth going ...well it's a major car show with thousands of vintage Mopar to look at and a fun get together. There are historic race cars and their drivers to there to meet and talk too and someday they'll be gone and so will their stories. I would hate for the Mopar Nationals to go away, it seems there is more dislike and negativity on this site than any other Mopar site I visit for the Columbus show and I don't understand why...because it's not the beloved Carlyle ? No, it's not ...but it's still one of the major Mopar shows in the country. I didn't take many pics but here's a couple I snapped.

76orangewagon

More...

7E-Bodies

Great shots of great cars. Thanks for posting up for those of us that couldn't make it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Burdar

I think there is a trend where a lot of people dont care to have their cars judged any more. They just want to drive them and have fun. That's not the Nats fault. The west side of the track has been extremely sparce since 2011 or so. Not even worth walking over there. I do remember when it was packed over there. Those were the peak years.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

anlauto

Great to hear the weather held out, and the turn out was good, some nice E Bodies there, thanks for posting. :twothumbsup:

For me, it's sad to see any major Mopar show on the decline, but it's been happening for years, people have spoken up about it, but nothing changes. I hope the show continues as well, maybe I'll get back there one day. (I'll be sure to bring a golf cart :haha:)

Carlisle's attendance grows every year in roughly the same area of the continent, so there's nothing about the ''hobby'' on the decline in my opinion, it's still just comes down to the management of The Nats.  :alan2cents: