Main Menu

Do I need a new rear valance with my new earlier rear bumpers?

Started by Jukin, March 19, 2021, 03:48:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jukin

I have a 1973 Cuda, and I'm putting on bumpers from a 1971 car. I know I need bumper brackets from the 71. Do I need a new rear valance to go with the 71 rear Bumpers? I assume I would need to put on 1971 rear bumperettes as well, just worried that the bumps on the rear valance that are huge on my 73 would look funny if I had it set up as a 1971. And can I fully eliminate having the bumperettes on the rear? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks gang.

anlauto

ALL 1970-74 rear valances are the same in the area of the rear bumper guards. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site  :wave:
There is a V shaped bracket to hold the license plate , with the bumper pulled in flush you need to remove the V bracket so the plate is moved in closer to the body as well otherwise it will interfere with the light .

Skdmark

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 19, 2021, 09:35:42 PM
Welcome to the site  :wave:
There is a V shaped bracket to hold the license plate , with the bumper pulled in flush you need to remove the V bracket so the plate is moved in closer to the body as well otherwise it will interfere with the light .

The OP has a Cuda, so no license plate bracket on a rear valance.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dodj

For a challenger,  there is a filler strip between the bumper and taillight panel that is different.
Not sure about cuda.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

greentween

You would want the 70-72 bumper guards also along with its bracket if going for the factory type look. Alternately, If you want you can have the bumper guard slots in valance filled in and not use the bumper guards (don't use the bumper jack then).

Jukin

Thanks for the advice guys. So I guess I just need new front bumper, new rear bumper, and brackets for a 1971 Cuda. And rear bumper guards. Figured I would need a new rear valance but apparently not. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

nsmall

If you have a 73 bumper that's in good shape and 73 front bumper brackets you can slot them and tuck your front bumper in to save some money.  let me know and I can post pictures but that's the way I saved some money on my 73 Cuda, I got it tucked in nice and tight so it looks sharp.

1972V21Cuda