Main Menu

Do you have your fender tags and/or buildsheet?

Started by Topcat, April 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Please answer for E bodies only. This will indicate what the populus of those that still have tags and/or build sheet

Yes I have just the Fender tags
Yes I have just the build sheet
Yes I have both the Fender tags and the build sheet
No I don't have either

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 30, 2017, 11:51:16 PM
Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 19, 2017, 05:07:55 PM
Just sent email to Data Tags AG for quote so will keep you abreast of the request.

Still waiting for a response, will email again if no response by this week.

I finally got around to calling and received immediate and great service from AG Backeast, see similar topic thread continued on: https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/new-fender-tags-by-ag-backeast-very-happy/2717/msg39412#msg39412

Topcat

Let's add @LinceCuda. He just got them back.   :bravo:

Quote from: LinceCuda on March 26, 2018, 01:37:58 PM
So Bobby the guy I bought the Cuda from sent  me a text on Wednesday saying he found the fender tag to my Cuda. He said he was gathering up a bunch of old books to throw away when it fell out of his 1984 Dodge service manual. Apparently he had used it for a bookmark when working on his truck he said. If that isn't God looking after Mopar folks I don't know what is lol.:

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Morty426

Being a multi car guy it varies:

JS23V0B - Tag and two sheets
JS23V0B - Two tags and a sheet
JS23R0B - Tag, no sheet
JS29R0B - Nothing, tag is supposedly in the possession of a car guy/flipper in Colorado
JS23V1B - Sheet and a tag created from the sheet
JH23H1B - Tag and three sheets
JH23G0E - Nothing

That covers the E Bodies

7E-Bodies

My current E is a 70 RT with almost everything original still there. When I bought it, I felt very fortunate to get both build sheet and fender tag.  I was thrilled. The build sheet had one or two characters that were tough to make out and I wondered what the odds would be to find a second sheet. When I removed the rear panel from the driver's seat, I about passed out! So two build sheets and a fender tag, plus Barry Washington had a documentation file on it that he happily mailed to me. History back to '76.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1Burgfish

:wrenching: I have nothing...... Badges, we don't need no sticking Badges!!!! My car was sold new in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. at Haywood Mercer Chrysler. It only had a export tag left on it when I brought the car in Puerto Rico.  :takemymoney:

floorit426

I have both my fender tag, and build sheet. Curiously, mine is the only hemicuda I've seen, without the "hemi fender" tag. I've owned it a long time and am the third owner, so I don't think it was ever removed. I also don't have a vacant screw hole, where it would've fastened on (unless it shared a screw with the other tag). Did all such cars always include this tag?

6bblgt

Quote from: floorit426 on July 17, 2019, 05:32:43 PM
I have both my fender tag, and build sheet. Curiously, mine is the only hemicuda I've seen, without the "hemi fender" tag. I've owned it a long time and am the third owner, so I don't think it was ever removed. I also don't have a vacant screw hole, where it would've fastened on (unless it shared a screw with the other tag). Did all such cars always include this tag?

@floorit426  the additional tag didn't show up until spring of '70 - after wheel lip mouldings were deleted from hemi'cudas & Chrysler had an in-house stamped "HEMI FENDER" - what's your car's SPD?  :thinking:

floorit426

dodj

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 05, 2017, 07:12:36 AM
Quote from: Topcat on April 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM
Let's hear about your E body documentation.

I have both, but nobody really cares about the pedigree behind a 72 318/904 Barracuda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:iagree:
I too have both. And no one cares about the pedigree of a '73 318/904 column shift Challenger either....Good thing...Like you...I left nothing original.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71-440

I have both but it really doesn't matter much. My car is a completely different animal then the way it was born.
Joe

Sleepychallenger

Typical of the LA cars, I dont have the build sheet. I do have the fender tag and it sits in the night stand next to my bed. lol. First challenger I had someone stole the tag so I keep thos one safe and keeps people from the "it's not a real 4 speed car" bs

BIGSHCLUNK