Main Menu

Do you have your fender tags and/or buildsheet?

Started by Topcat, April 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Please answer for E bodies only. This will indicate what the populus of those that still have tags and/or build sheet

Yes I have just the Fender tags
Yes I have just the build sheet
Yes I have both the Fender tags and the build sheet
No I don't have either

70/6chall

Say there Cole, happy to hear from you. Hope your day is going well. Good to see you on here, Don't really know why the door Mylar is so faded!!?? Almost like it was exposed to the elements but I know wasn't. Look at our fender tags talk about bare bones brethren.lol.    Mopar2u, AL

ec_co

I thought I posted my mylar to show the difference in fade. need to get a better pic of it

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

1 Wild R/T

Well your Mylar looks great, just don't wipe it down with Lacquer Thinner or it will look like Al's... DAMHIK... Body shop that painted Al's car likely wiped away most of the black print.....  Funny thing is some of the molars aren't effected but other are....

70/6chall

You know what Cole, I believe Randy is right! Never much thought about it back in '97 but when the jams were shot an error was quick remedied by a quick wipe of a lacquer thinner rag. But a least the date and V.I.N. Info were left unscathed.        Thanks,  AL

hawkfn18

My fender tag is ratty, but I have my build sheet.  Can the fender tag be reproduced?

Cuda Cody

The Build Sheet tells you everything you need to know!   :banana:  And yes, a Fender Tag can be made from the Build Sheet.  But it takes someone that knows how to lay it out to make sure it's done in a way that is correct and accurate to the Build Sheet.  But since you have the old Fender Tag you're home free!

Data Tags AG Back East will produce the tag once you get the layout right.  http://www.datatags.com/

Quote from: hawkfn18 on May 17, 2017, 12:10:04 PM
My fender tag is ratty, but I have my build sheet.  Can the fender tag be reproduced?

1 Wild R/T

AG Backeast..... Save you original to quell any questions, If you remove the tag & look at the back side you often can read codes that can't be read from the front side.....

hawkfn18

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 17, 2017, 12:15:12 PM
The Build Sheet tells you everything you need to know!   :banana:  And yes, a Fender Tag can be made from the Build Sheet.  But it takes someone that knows how to lay it out to make sure it's done in a way that is correct and accurate to the Build Sheet.  But since you have the old Fender Tag you're home free!

Data Tags AG Back East will produce the tag once you get the layout right.  http://www.datatags.com/

Build Sheet only might have to try these guys out for fender tag. Just have to figure out how to get the correct layout.

Cuda Cody

If you post up you build sheet, we might be able to help.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 17, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

Build Sheet only might have to try these guys out for fender tag. Just have to figure out how to get the correct layout.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 17, 2017, 08:08:46 PM
If you post up you build sheet, we might be able to help.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 17, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

Cody, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Cuda Cody

CudaMoparRay I'll take a closer look when I get home from work.  I'll see if I can get you close and maybe others will help too.   :fingerscrossed:

71GranCoupe

Being a 71 vehicle, makes the current decoder not applicable. Some of the codes may be the same and others will not. Hopefully there may be some who can add more, as there are many experts here. :cheers:

Cuda Cody

@CudaMoparRay  here's a start to what I think the tag should look like based off your sheet.  Maybe others will chime in and help?  @6bblgt  might be able to look over what I have for the codes and see if I missed anything?

L31  M21  R11  EN2
V1X   U   A01  C52  G11  L25
GT2  H4T7  000  B12  039865
E44  D31  BH23  G1B  212616

The one I'm not sure on is the C52.  Was that a standard option and if son, does it get placed on the tag?  I do not have a lot of experience with 1971 Bench seat cars.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 18, 2017, 11:31:39 AM

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 19, 2017, 09:47:22 AM
@CudaMoparRay  here's a start to what I think the tag should look like based off your sheet.  Maybe others will chime in and help?  @6bblgt  might be able to look over what I have for the codes and see if I missed anything?

L31  M21  R11  EN2
V1X   U   A01  C52  G11  L25
GT2  H4T7  000  B12  039865
E44  D31  BH23  G1B  212616

The one I'm not sure on is the C52.  Was that a standard option and if son, does it get placed on the tag?  I do not have a lot of experience with 1971 Bench seat cars.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 18, 2017, 11:31:39 AM

To date, I have never seen a C52 code on an E Body, will be interesting to see what Dan has to add to this.  :popcorn: