Main Menu

door glass

Started by Robertburleson, March 31, 2020, 08:55:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Robertburleson

where can you buy new screws and bolts that go threw the glass into the plastic rivets.

anlauto

I know a lot of the wearable plastic parts are available in reproduction, but I'm not sure about the actual hardware, I think you might have to hunt down originals... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

E-mail Dave at Roseville Moparts. 

David Radcliffe <david.radcliffe@golling.com>

RJChallenger

There are a couple of different screws / bolts in the glass window system.  1st picture is the screw that attaches the plastic "up" stops to the glass window.
the second picture is a 1/4-20 bolt that attaches the horizontal lifting bar to the triangular adapter towards the rear of the door. this bolt needs a special washer and short piece of rubber hose to protect the glass. 3rd picture is a 1/4-20 philips head screw sometimes used to hold the far end of the horizontal lifting bar. some of the earlier cars may have a smaller push in anchor that uses a short dome headed coarse screw as seen in picture #4. in picture #5 you see the long shoulder bolt that attaches the plastic guides to the glass the travel up / down the front track. I have lots of picture #1. Pictures #1 &2 are very important, the wrong hardware here may cause glass damage. metal should never touch the glass directly, there should be plastic protectors. Hope this helps

Joegrapes

I just went thru this. I needed the plastic inserts that go thru the door glass. Here's where I found them. http://www.rtspecialties.net/

Odin

Quote from: RJChallenger on March 31, 2020, 02:52:16 PM
3rd picture is a 1/4-20 philips head screw sometimes used to hold the far end of the horizontal lifting bar.

My 1971 Challenger driver door glass dropped at the front end and wouldn't roll up or down anymore.  I took the door apart and found the machine screw at the forward end of the horizontal lift track where it attaches to the glass.  There was nothing between it and the glass.  I did find an object in the bottom of the door that appears like a broken version of the item in picture #3.  The machine screw I have seems shorter than the one in picture #3, but I might be mistaken.

Where can I get the parts to fix that connection specifically?

I have a car show next Saturday and need to get this fixed ASAP!