Main Menu

Door glass help

Started by leglhi, June 10, 2018, 11:56:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

leglhi

Looking for some opinions.Finally working on the 70 Cuda again and ran into a few issues.I posted on here before that the body shop i went  to removed everything from the doors and i ended up getting back all the hardware in coffee cans  :headbang:.I'm digging through those to try to find what bolt/screws go where since I'm sure length plays a factor on making sure theres no metal to glass contact.I noticed today that my passenger side glass is pretty scratched up,and my driver side has a chip on the top edge.Instead of trying to polish the scratches out and living with the chip I'm leaning towards new glass.I've read in the past years about glass with the wrong curvature ect.Hoping the new stuff is better quality and fit.So....

1.Who makes the best re-pop glass,and what is the order of install.Roof rail weatherstrip and stainless trim first,quarter windows first or does the order of install matter?I've had a factory service manual since the 90's so i do have that at least lol.

2.Who makes the best "whiskers" and quarter window vertical seals?

3.Can you buy the big rubber bottom glass stop blocks separately?The body shop ripped them out of the doors,which sucks because they were in decent shape.

Thanks for any help in the right direction guys.Been back from the body shop for almost 4 years now,I'm chomping at the bit and not getting any younger. :soshelp:
If it ain't broke,fix it till it is

RJChallenger

R/T specialties has the rubber blocks for the bottom of the door

71vert340

It's been years since I did mine but I put in the rear quarter windows first  and then the door windows. Roof rails/ weather strip seals must be in before windows so you can adjust the height when rolled up.  Several sponsors on here can get you the new seals, etc. you need.
Terry

Chryco Psycho

Dave @ Roseville should be able to supply the best of everything you need & at a discount too

HEMICUDA

Make sure you don't install the rubber down bumpers until the door glass and cat whiskers are installed.

leglhi

Thanks guys!Having an order of assembly makes me feel a little better at attempting it lol.What a mess in that coffee can of bolts.My fault though.Should have either left them assembled or bagged and tagged everything myself.

nsmall

See the top of page 4 for order of operations (please look at this thread as it took forever to find page 4 and I know it should help some)

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/cuda-door-and-side-window-replacement/371/

Regarding glass...https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/e-body-reproduction-glass/3901/

And very recently...https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/seo/7216/

Good luck, I am sure you are more than ready to "finish" your ride

leglhi

Thank you nsmall,i appreciate all the help.And yes I'm dying to drive my kids to Donut Derelicts and pass down the tradition  :burnout:.

nsmall

I found checking out other member restoration threads on this site to be of great inspiration.