Main Menu

Door glass

Started by Mopar5, June 13, 2020, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

Is AMD the only company that is supplying door window glass?

anlauto

I believe you can get it through ECS as well :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopar5

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2020, 09:01:30 AM
I believe you can get it through ECS as well :bigmoney:
Thank you ,I checked out their site . I always get a little worried when I see the words " Call for pricing" .

Mopar5

I had pretty good glass to start with then I made the mistake of trying to polish out a scratch  :(' I started with 500 to 800 1000 1500 2000 then 2500 then 3000 trizac grit and after about 3 hours off buffing with compound I can't get the swirls out colossal waste of time

MoparLeo

I got the side glass for one of my Challenger's from PS Auto glass. They have been bought out by this company.

https://www.maxxedoutautorepair.com/psautoglass
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Mopar5

Thank you for the lead. Has anyone used the OER glass?

anlauto

I've used lots of AMD glass with good results  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mopar5

I was looking at that listing on E Bay earlier. I think if I get new Im probably going AMD. Im going to try one last thing to get the haze out of my original I just ordered some Cerium Oxide polish.

Mr Lee

The ECS glass is really not much more expensive than the AMD in my opinion.  Plus they provide the correct etching with the date codes to match your originals if that's important to you.  The AMD glass has the pentastar etching but no date codes from what i was told.

When I called ECS they were having a sale, so if you call you might get lucky too.  And the shipping cost was very reasonable. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Now I curious, AMD glass is $999.99 set of six, what's ECS glass worth not on sale ?

Mopar5

I ordered a small bottle of cerium oxide glass polish on amazon and didn't have much hope for it I have to say I'm impressed for 11.00 it looks like this glass is going to be salvageable it took the haze and light scratching out nothing else I tried would do anything.

Mr Lee

Hmm im not sure.   I priced out 4 pcs (2 door glass and 2 quarter glass).  And im just going from memory here so dont quote me but i think the difference btwn ECS and AMD was in the $200 range... ECS being more, and that was with %10 off. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Shoooter

I have thr AMD tinted glass and very happy with it. Price wasent much more than the jobber stuff around here

Mopar5

The cerium oxide is coming out pretty good but the time it takes is like the guy out of Greek Mythology  who is sentenced to roll a boulder up hill for eternity. Only to have it roll back down again.Kind of like the movie Cool Hand Luke when the warden says "Luke what's your dirt doing on bosses yard? Classic