Main Menu

E-Body Center of Gravity, for lift

Started by gzig5, June 24, 2019, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

Is the E body close enough to 50-50 distribution that we could say the Cg is centered between the axles?  Small block automatic, if it matters. My search turned up all kinds of holistic hokum about finding oneself...

I got a new to me Challenger mid-rise scissor lift and I'd like the car to be as balanced as possible.  Never put one up on a lift before.
:wrenching:

Chryco Psycho

rear edge of the dash / front floor pans approx

fireguyfire

I've got a 2 post 12,000 pound lift and my 73 sits beautifully with the lift posts centred on the doors, which also works on 90% of the other cars I've had on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burdar

You get a "feel" for lifting cars pretty quick.  Once the tires are off the ground, you'll be able to tell if you got it right.  If not, you can easily make small adjustments.

gzig5

Thanks all!!!  Going UP!
I had to pull the lift about 15" forward from where it was.  Works awesome!  But I ran out of height with another 15" or so to go because of the door opener.  I've got some options there though.  Super stoked now, but all my parts money is in the lift.  Access is generally pretty good all around, except the middle of course but there are ways around that problem too.

GoodysGotaCuda

I'd peg the CG at about the bellhousing and tweak from there.

My small block/auto car was about a 60/40 weight dist.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs