Main Menu

Got my lift!

Started by fuscobros, December 21, 2022, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fuscobros

Got my lift (Christmas gift to myself).  Now to begin the restoration.  Being this is my first ever MOPAR I'll be leaning heavily on the experts here for guidance, tips and recommendations over the next few years as I start the journey.

dodj

First mopar to play with is a '71 shaker hood 'cuda.. :unbelievable:......nice choice.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

captcolour

GoMangoBoys

1.  I have the Backyard buddy.  That Advantage lift is made by the same company.   Their guy was telling me last summer at Carlisle that they were starting to make some of the Advantage lifts in Ohio where they make the Backyard Buddy.  I hope that is true.  It is a good lift.
2.  You have come to the right place for help on E body Mopars.  These folks on this forum are AWESOME.

headejm

Nice lift and project!

Are you planning to secure the lift to the floor?

Blowout

fuscobros

Quote from: dodj on December 21, 2022, 01:10:44 PM
First mopar to play with is a '71 shaker hood 'cuda.. :unbelievable:......nice choice.

Yeah...I got REALLY lucky finding this car and  the condition it's in.

fuscobros

Quote from: Blowout on December 21, 2022, 03:03:38 PM
@fuscobros how tall is your ceiling?

Ceiling is 11 ft 8 inches.  Room to spare but just a couple inches too short to get the taller version of the lift which would have allowed me to get my RAM 1500 underneath...(my wife isn't crazy about parking her BMW under there) LOL!

fuscobros

Quote from: captcolour on December 21, 2022, 01:13:06 PM
Great choice of lift too!

Yeah, real happy with the quality, all the extras and the 5 year warranty.

fuscobros

Quote from: headejm on December 21, 2022, 02:36:09 PM
Nice lift and project!

Are you planning to secure the lift to the floor?

No.  It's designed to be free-standing and comes with casters so it can be moved.  One of the reasons I bought it was so I could move it around when  I need to.

fuscobros

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on December 21, 2022, 02:05:29 PM
1.  I have the Backyard buddy.  That Advantage lift is made by the same company.   Their guy was telling me last summer at Carlisle that they were starting to make some of the Advantage lifts in Ohio where they make the Backyard Buddy.  I hope that is true.  It is a good lift.
2.  You have come to the right place for help on E body Mopars.  These folks on this forum are AWESOME.

I looked at the Backyard Buddy and decided for the small difference in price the Advantage was worth it.  It is made in Ohio also and the quality is excellent!  ....and yes, this forum is fantastic!!

Ricomondo

Quote from: fuscobros on December 21, 2022, 03:47:57 PM
Quote from: GoMangoBoys on December 21, 2022, 02:05:29 PM

I looked at the Backyard Buddy and decided for the small difference in price the Advantage was worth it.  It is made in Ohio also and the quality is excellent!  ....and yes, this forum is fantastic!!

@fuscobros - Congratulations as you start your journey!

I'd like to ask did you have to have the articulation of the garage overhead door changed via the track? Thanks!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Racer57

Nice choice !

1. After a few times lifting car, the cables will stretch some and might cause readjusting to keep level.
2. When leaving car lifted an extended time period, make sure its locked. Weight of car could cause it to come down uneven.
3. When lowering, keep eye on all posts to see if starting to lean due to something hanging up.
4. Get some foam insulation split tubing thats at least as tall as mirrors. Can easily pull off when going higher than they are long.
5. Get some boards or whatever for front tire stop as a warning so you don't have a rely on the supplied metal ones,
6. You spent far less than a Chiropractor is going to cost.   :D     

Mr Cuda

I've  been meaning to buy a 4 post.
Could you  give me a quick update on the difference between the backyard  buddy and the  advantage?

Cuda Cody

Living the dream!   :worship:  You're doing something right!   :bravo: