Main Menu

Aren't Shakers Popular Anymore ?

Started by anlauto, April 09, 2017, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Gonna park it next to his Modtop Hemicuda :))
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on October 10, 2017, 05:53:38 PM

OMG, I think about Steve all the time. Not Found  :verymad:

anlauto

Quote from: VCODE on October 11, 2017, 05:29:50 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 10, 2017, 05:53:38 PM

OMG, I think about Steve all the time. Not Found  :verymad:

It's an absolute crazy story isn't it ?....You have to believe it's way overseas somewhere in the Middle East or something...

On a side note.....This orange Cuda is being flown over to Dubai, not shipped, talk about big bucks !  :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ec_co

Quote from: 71vert340 on September 08, 2017, 08:31:34 PM
I've been following this topic for awhile now. I can see a car being correct as to what is listed on the broadcast sheets, window sticker and data plate really matter to some people but I know we changed stuff on the cars back in the 70s. I had a problem with someone trying to steal my shaker hood in 1972. I ran a chain with a padlock through the hood latch to prevent any more problems and yes someone tried to pop the hood open even then but couldn't. My permanent solution was to add the hood pins in the correct location and put padlocks through them. My car didn't originally have hood pins but it still has them to this day. It's still numbers matching engine, transmission, etc., and I have all the paperwork but I won't remove the hood pins because I can still put locks through them to deter (not stop ) a thief. Does that detract from the car? To me, not being restored is the minus on my car. I drive it and enjoy it. It's not and won't be a trailer queen as long as I own it.  I had a collector offer me almost $100k for the car but I turned him down because I knew he'd flip it to someone else. Looking at the two cars being discussed, they're in nicer shape than mine. I haven't kept up with the value to condition price of shaker e-bodies but I like those two cars very much. As said, would I spend that much on toys? I want cars I'm not afraid to drive in traffic. With those two cars, I wouldn't be nervous about traffic and I'd drive the wheels off them. But for that kind of money, I can get a nice 2017 shaker Scat Pack Challenger or T/A Challenger and enjoy them just as much and still have thousands of $ left over. My $.02.

biggest difference being that a new Chally will quickly lose value over the next 5-10 years and your e-bodies won't. I'd love a newer chally for the convenience of more power with less headaches, but it would never be a replacement for a good solid old school muscle car.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

AH1S

When Alan posted that the car was going to Dubai the first thing I thought of was the stolen Cuda.

anlauto

Quote from: AH1S on October 11, 2017, 12:57:04 PM
When Alan posted that the car was going to Dubai the first thing I thought of was the stolen Cuda.

That's really odd eh ? It was the first car that came to my mind when the guy was telling me where his was going :thinking:

72 Challenger

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2017, 01:01:51 PM
Quote from: AH1S on October 11, 2017, 12:57:04 PM

That's really odd eh ? It was the first car that came to my mind when the guy was telling me where his was going :thinking:

I was thinking about this car the other day. My favorite e-body of all time. Sucks to hear it's still not found.
Someday I will have a J0b.