1 (1.6%)
'72-'74 Challenger Rallye
3 (4.8%)
'73-'74 Cuda Wide
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: blown motor on March 03, 2022, 07:32:43 PM
I like the AAR but only on a true AAR. The hockey stick stripe is cool because it adds accent but it's almost subtle. It's not gawky like the bigger, fatter stripes. I also don't like matte black stripes on a black car. You can't see them so what's the point? A black car needs a red stripe. If you know of a black Cuda with a red hockey stick stripe for sale let me know.  :D
The red and white hockey stick stripes look great on FE5 Red, TX9 Black, and FC7 In Violet cars but the factory only offered the V6X hockey stick stripes in black on Cudas.
It's too bad that a V6R or V6W stripe was not available. I am sure the dealers or special orders would have liked those, if offered.

blown motor

@MoparCarGuy So then the hockey stick stripe was only available in black? Sorry, I don't know all the codes.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: blown motor on March 03, 2022, 08:53:56 PM
@MoparCarGuy So then the hockey stick stripe was only available in black? Sorry, I don't know all the codes.
Yup!  :ohyeah:

6bblgt

from the factory:

BLACK ONLY - '70 Cuda hockey (V6X)
BLACK ONLY - '70 Challenger T/A (V6H)
BLACK ONLY - '70 AAR Cuda (V6H)
BLACK ONLY - '72-'74 Challenger Rallye (V6X)

WHITE or BLACK ONLY - '70 Barracuda strobe (V4W or V4X)
WHITE or BLACK ONLY - '70 Cuda strobe (V4W or V4X) *
WHITE or BLACK ONLY - '71 Cuda billboard (V6W or V6X)
WHITE or BLACK ONLY - '72 Cuda solid (V6W or V6X)
WHITE or BLACK ONLY - '73-'74 Cuda Wide (V6W or V6X)

* florescent PINK '70 Cuda strobe (V4M) on "moulin rouge" (FM3) ONLY
* florescent GREEN '70 Cuda strobe (V4J) on "sassy grass green" (FJ6) ONLY

6bblgt

that leaves the following, if you wanted factory COLOR:

'70 Challenger R/T Longitudinal (& 340 A66 package cars) V6?
'70 Challenger R/T Bumblebee PAINT (& 340 A66 package cars) V9?
'71 Challenger Longitudinal (non-R/T) V6?
'71 Challenger R/T Longitudinal V6?

Ramman

In the very first post, is the third picture down a 1970 Challenger R/T, with V6B Black Longitudinal Sport Stripes (Vinyl Decal) ?
Thanks!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: blown motor on March 03, 2022, 07:32:43 PM
I like the AAR but only on a true AAR. The hockey stick stripe is cool because it adds accent but it's almost subtle. It's not gawky like the bigger, fatter stripes. I also don't like matte black stripes on a black car. You can't see them so what's the point? A black car needs a red stripe. If you know of a black Cuda with a red hockey stick stripe for sale let me know.  :D

I love the black cars with matte black stripes. I remember seeing an AAR at Carlisle a few years back when they were celebrating the AAR/TA...it looks so cool because you don't see the stripe at all until you hit a certain angle.

anlauto

Quote from: Ramman on March 04, 2022, 05:54:17 AM
In the very first post, is the third picture down a 1970 Challenger R/T, with V6B Black Longitudinal Sport Stripes (Vinyl Decal) ?
Thanks!

B= Blue, X=Black....so Yes and No to your question...the third picture down  IS a 1970 Challenger R/T, but with V6X Black Longitudinal Sport Stripes (Vinyl Decal)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I always loved the 70 Challenger R/T longitudinal with the R/T cutout in the stripe. Always hated the 71 Cuda Billboard stripe.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

The tx9 is a real V4W V3w XW car.    One of the coolest cars at carlisle. 
The green one is not an original V4 car. 
just sharing pictures.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda_mark

I never realized that tx9 Carlisle vert was factory optioned that way. I thought the owner was trying to make it an AAR vert!! I just didn't realize that stripe was a factory option. Really cool.

cuda hunter

I purchased a factory set of black strobes from that owner last carlisle.  Incomplete unfortunately, but a cool rarity.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Rdchallenger

I always thought of the '72-'74 Challenger stripe to be all things cheesy 70s.... until I changed direction of going with either a blank TA stripe or '71 RT stripe.

Now that it's on my car though with a high impact color... I quite enjoy it lol.

Racer57

I think the hockey stick is more iconic.   :D

torredcuda

AAR stripe is my favorite, I guess I`m the odd one out as I like the stripe on non AARs but without the badge. I`ve thought about putting one on my `72 but with `cuda 340 where the AAR badge is but so far haven`t pulled the trigger.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/