Main Menu

Gas Monkey Garage find

Started by Rdchallenger, September 05, 2019, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

I follow Gas Monkey on Instagram and they had posted yesterday that they had found 3 Challengers. Cool thing is they videoed it on their phone and uploaded it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W085Uqlmxqk

ClarkWGrizwald

38k for 3 cars??? Omg. Stole em!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Brads70

Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on September 05, 2019, 03:53:15 PM

Seems kinda shady somehow....  :('

7E-Bodies

38 for all 3?  Felony theft. 20 each on the flip. Hopefully they don't get butchered.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Yea that was likely a good deal for GMG :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Much like the pawn shop show, I think people sell things at a lower price than they normally would when they know they'll be on TV.  I don't understand it, but they want their 15 minutes of fame even if they end up losing money.

anlauto

:iagree: but you'd think Richard would want to inflate the price he shows on TV so he can ask for more....but then again I bet the fools line up in droves to buy a car from him  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Katfish on September 05, 2019, 05:46:01 PM
Much like the pawn shop show, I think people sell things at a lower price than they normally would when they know they'll be on TV.  I don't understand it, but they want their 15 minutes of fame even if they end up losing money.

I mean the guy was asking for 60k initially but also didn't seem all there either.

Topcat

I think alot of it is staged.  :alan2cents:

Those 2 guys on the Antiques driving around were caught staging their finds and buys.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Topcat on September 05, 2019, 06:21:21 PM
I think alot of it is staged.  :alan2cents:

Those 2 guys on the Antiques driving around were caught staging their finds and buys.

At first they weren't, I remember them coming to my town to some guys junk yard... I believe when ratings started to tumble is when it became staged.

Rdchallenger

Fastmark

Of coarse they are for sale. Flipping cars is the whole point of the show. Most people ask much more than they really want in the first place. That poor seller had smoked some ho haws in his day, I bet!  I'm kind of weird. I ask what I want for a car most of the time and get more interest. Of coarse someone always tries to get it cheaper. Remember that he had to pay a $10,000 finders fee on top of the $38,000.

torredcuda

Quote from: Brads70 on September 05, 2019, 04:46:08 PM
Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on September 05, 2019, 03:53:15 PM

Seems kinda shady somehow....  :('

If it`s on TV believe non of it! Even if those numbers are real ($10k finders fee?) he has over $50k in them by the time he tows them back to the shop and cleaned up and running, still a good deal though.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Cuda70-74

1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

blown motor

:iagree: It's a TV show, not real life.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye