Started by Smallblock340, August 22, 2020, 08:30:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Smallblock340

Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

dodgemania

RUNCHARGER

Yellow is not for me but it sure looks like it is worth checking out to see if there are any hidden demons lurking.
Sheldon

6bblgt

the fender tag was still yellow when it was for sale ~5 years ago  :pokeeye:  "garage find"   :stop:  I sure hope it was indoors   :banana:

Katfish

BigSig 6 Barrel

Dash appears to have both 70 and 71 wood grain colors . . . darker being from the 71 models
Perhaps an indication that the speedo mileage (shown and stated) may be from another car ? ? ? ?

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

6bblgt

Quote from: Katfish on August 22, 2020, 12:16:24 PM
Why would an engine with 38k miles need to be rebuilt?

it looked & ran like crap
or
after years of storage & non-use, it had no compression because the rings were frozen in the pistons
or
it was blown up - that's why it was stored in the garage & there are "only" 38K miles
or
or
?????
:D

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Question to the experts. Doesn't $150K seem low? I was under the impression these are mid six figure cars. Thank in advance for you input.

RUNCHARGER

McCandless' 70 Hemi Challenger is in that price range and I believe it is a really good car and matching #'s so I think this is about right. I had a chance at a local 70 Hemi Challenger within the last year at about $85k that IMO needs a resto and that's why I didn't buy it. It was a 4 speed which is a big deal but NOM which doesn't matter to me but it sure matters when you go to sell. No 2 cars price the same of course due to condition and options/colours.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on August 22, 2020, 04:59:49 PM
Question to the experts. Doesn't $150K seem low? I was under the impression these are mid six figure cars. Thank in advance for you input.

This is a 1970 Challenger, to get any higher it would have to be a 71 or a Cuda :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on August 22, 2020, 04:59:49 PM

I don't recall the price from 5-years ago - but it was a nice original unrestored car (with issues, not quite show worthy)  :banana:  & the yellow is AWESOME @RUNCHARGER   :D

so, the car made it 45 years without being modified - now it has an 8-3/4 rear axle, added power steering, added rear spoiler

& they painted parts of it & not very well  -  the car is stuck in the middle, too cost prohibitive to improve & not "sharp" enough to warrant more or even $150K    :dunno:

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Runcharger , anlauto...thx for your input. Not sure what made me think these are in the same league as the exotics. Glad to hear an "R" code Challenger can still be had at a  reasonable price. Never been a fan of the (71 -Cuda). Cars with fender vents that lead to nowhere are not my thing,  nor freakishly large engine call-out decals : )  . The (70 - Cuda) on the other hand is a whole different story ! Thx again !   

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha. I'm just not a yellow fan Dan (although yellow T/As look great). This is the type of car I like, something that is pretty much unrestored and still in pretty good shape, but we have to be realistic on prices. I don't consider myself an expert so my opinion on value is just that. I'm not a 71 Cuda fan at all and I prefer a 70 Cuda over them too but I get the value is higher because my opinions don't line up with mainstream (and that's okay).
Sheldon

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

6bblgt, appreciate the input!

My $.02 : The day is coming these can be had for a price of a gently used Prius   ... as the people who love them are aging-out at a staggering rate , me included : ) . Thx for your input.

YellowThumper

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 22, 2020, 07:35:25 PM
Ha, ha. I'm just not a yellow fan Dan (although yellow T/As look great). This is the type of car I like, something that is pretty much unrestored and still in pretty good shape, but we have to be realistic on prices. I don't consider myself an expert so my opinion on value is just that. I'm not a 71 Cuda fan at all and I prefer a 70 Cuda over them too but I get the value is higher because my opinions don't line up with mainstream (and that's okay).
You and most people...
Whenever I talk about repainting mine . I always get asked what color I am changing it to...Y5.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.