Main Menu

Gas Monkey Garage find

Started by Rdchallenger, September 05, 2019, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

Quote from: blown motor on September 06, 2019, 04:47:29 PM
:iagree: It's a TV show, not real life.

Are you telling me GENIE never came out of a bottle either?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Topcat

Well there are deals out there.

I might be scoring a 67' Pontiac Gran Prix in excellent condition for really cheap.

Find out around 3rd week of Sept.   :handshake:

Marty

To bad someone didn't find them before Rawlings. They should have gone to a more deserving owner or shop as far as I'm concerned.

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

fc7cuda

Quote from: Marty on September 07, 2019, 03:50:46 AM
To bad someone didn't find them before Rawlings. They should have gone to a more deserving owner or shop as far as I'm concerned.

I agree! Still trying to figure out where in Texas this occurred, albeit too late.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Topcat on September 06, 2019, 08:35:14 PM
Well there are deals out there.

I might be scoring a 67' Pontiac Gran Prix in excellent condition for really cheap.

Find out around 3rd week of Sept.   :handshake:

Is that the 7PM show?    LOL

RUNCHARGER

Hopefully the cars won't end up defiled.
Sheldon

anlauto

I don't have a problem with someone buying cars to flip for a profit....that's "The American Way" (Canadian too)....

Someone more deserving will get them, they'll just have to pay more money... :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

crackedback

Quote from: fc7cuda on September 07, 2019, 06:06:25 AM

I agree! Still trying to figure out where in Texas this occurred, albeit too late.

The Grease Monkey mentioned Bridgeport.   NW of the DFW area

Bossgold

In Today's internet world......everyone has a level playing field and knows what these are worth within reason. Its a show and if he found 1 car and paid full price no one here would be talking about it.

All these shows and auctions have figured out that its not about the car ....its about the story, the hype. I think most of us, on this site, if we found an incredible car wouldn't be advertising it on a show for the whole world to see....at least I wouldn't.

anlauto

I just watched a show where Richard bought the Mr. Norms van then sold it and lost money ? :dunno: So win some lose some
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Wondering what that seller was on. Now he's got money to get some more of it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on September 08, 2019, 11:44:04 AM
Wondering what that seller was on. Now he's got money to get some more of it.
:haha: :rofl: Good one!

7E-Bodies

@JS29 did you see the way he kept going for his hair? The way he was talking? After 12 years on a fire department, we learned to look for those signs. He was wired.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

screamindriver

Negotiating while holding the zippered bank bag full of money always gets the job done.. With no time for the seller to have remorse...Amazing how knowing the cash will soon hit your hand will motivate the seller...