Main Menu

Great E-bodies on display at World of Speed museum in Wilsonville, Oregon!

Started by wanderlustin, May 01, 2017, 09:05:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: wanderlustin on May 01, 2017, 08:24:01 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 01, 2017, 09:15:03 AM
Well now I have two things to look forward to the next time I'm in Wilsonville for work... Looks like a cool place...
I think you'll be glad you made the visit!  I have to ask, what's the other reason to visit Wilsonville?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Actually a few things, I just recently discovered AR engineering is in Wilsonville & I'm hoping Andy might allow a tour.. And I've found some pretty good food in the area... I actually service equipment in a plant in Aurora, should be up there a couple more times this year... 

Cuda Cody

71GranCoupe

If you are into planes, the Spruce Goose is in the area too. Took my daughter there years ago to see the plywood plane, it was worth it to see the real thing with the Rolls Royce motors. Lots of other cool neat planes, we spent a couple hours there.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 01, 2017, 10:17:21 PM
I'm just up the road about 45 minutes.   :wave:

And I need to add that to my list of must do's as well.....

Last time I was up there was during the great blizzard of 16...  :rofl: I got there on Wednesday around noon & Thursday it snowed about 3"... The plant shut down & didn't reopen till the following Tuesday..... My companies main offices are in Minneapolis.... My boss thought I was joking when I told him they had closed the plant at 10 am on Thursday..... On Friday I showed up at the plant at 0730 expecting to get back to work.... I left around 9 am & got breakfast.. Came back around 10.... Plant was still locked up... Crazy... I may live in California but I've worked many winters in Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee... None of them would dream of closing for such a minor event....

Spikedog08

That looks like a lot of fun!   If I ever make it to that side of the country, should try to hit that place! 

:ohyeah:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!