Main Menu

'71 Challenger grill question

Started by ec_co, November 07, 2017, 01:09:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

how many parts are there for the '71 grill? specifically wanting to know if there are any other parts missing here other than the center section.

has anyone ever CNC machined or 3d printed a center insert section?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Are you thinking about doing a custom grille?

Chryco Psycho

A member here was discussing molding new 71 grilles ... Who ?

ec_co

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 07, 2017, 09:13:01 PM
Are you thinking about doing a custom grille?

Tom is thinking of having that section machined since it only seems to be missing that center section (hence my question: is that the only piece visibly missing??). If we do so ..... the CAD file could be made available for anyone to use in the future ....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

moparcar

I would love if someone with the knowhow (I don't have the knowledge) would scan the far upturned tips of the 71 grill and perhaps 3D print these for sale. Those always so many times broken. I for one have a near perfect 71 grill that has one upturned end missing. Only about 2" long. If these were made of the same base material, then we could bond them to the main section.

Just a thought if anyone is working on 71 grills.

Thanks, Wes

purple1

Looks like you are missing the 2 center sections and the SS trim that would go on them. As well as the DODGE emblem. So if you were to 3D print new sections you would still be missing the stainless steel trims and emblem. The centers are also held on with small rivets you may be missing as well.

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

ec_co

Quote from: purple1 on November 08, 2017, 06:35:25 AM
Looks like you are missing the 2 center sections and the SS trim that would go on them. As well as the DODGE emblem. So if you were to 3D print new sections you would still be missing the stainless steel trims and emblem. The centers are also held on with small rivets you may be missing as well.

with the right engineered dimensions or a proper 3d scan the center sections should be easy with CAD and a machinist or using a 3d printer (I know there is a shop here in Denver that has a scanner and the printers .... hmmmm) . do they repop the trim?