Main Menu

Heater Delete questions

Started by cuda hunter, July 21, 2021, 07:19:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I finally picked up a heater delete plate at Carlisle. 

It's in really good shape with only a little bit of the silver paint peeling off.
The rear mounting tabs are in tact and still have the mounting clips.
This was on a cyclopes interior and was parted out in Massachusetts. 

My question is this.

1.  What did the factory use to block off the intake and the manifold connections? 

In other threads on this subject it is mentioned that there were nipples with clamps.   I did not see pics of these however.  Anyone have factory pics? 

I've seen pics far in the past but did not save them.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/did-this-really-exist-or-joke/19251/
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70vert

Nice, I didn't know there was such a thing! I certainly never need heating in Houston, and don't have AC so will be on the lookout for one of these.

cuda hunter

The pics I have collected so far.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

The rest of them.  Would love to have more pics if anyone has any available. 

VCODE

MEK-Dangerous

Wow, I never knew such a thing existed. And then, there it is!

Mr Lee

Quote from: 70vert on July 21, 2021, 07:53:49 AM
Nice, I didn't know there was such a thing! I certainly never need heating in Houston, and don't have AC so will be on the lookout for one of these.
Heater delete?!  Wow that is just strange.  Never even heard of this. (Hey I'm from the northeast and this is a foreign concept to me).  It gets very hot here and very cold here.

@70vert
Seriously?  It never gets cold there in houston?  Not even in the dead of winter?  In the early morning or late at night??  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

70vert

@Mr Lee - well I would've said no, but as you've probably seen we had significant freeze this year with tons of damage (I do not yet have all my plumbing repaired). That said the normal winter is seldom below mid 30's and even then for a very short while. I've never been cold in my Challenger  :))  My heater is non-functional now, so if these panels were available I'd swap it out. Probably wouldn't go so far as a full delete of all components.

Quote from: Mr Lee on July 21, 2021, 01:04:24 PM
Quote from: 70vert on July 21, 2021, 07:53:49 AM
Heater delete?!  Wow that is just strange.  Never even heard of this. (Hey I'm from the northeast and this is a foreign concept to me).  It gets very hot here and very cold here.

@70vert
Seriously?  It never gets cold there in houston?  Not even in the dead of winter?  In the early morning or late at night??  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda hunter

Mostly I'm looking for better pictures of the plug in the intake and what caps the factory used for the heater lines. 
The two pictures I have above do not give me enough detail.