Main Menu

Single digit temperatures and my car has the heater delete option.

Started by killerbill, December 30, 2017, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

killerbill

I am Bill from Poland, Ohio.  I own a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 four barrel automatic with manual steering, Super Trac Pac and H25 heater delete option.  It was a retired race car that I purchased in 1989 with 35,000 miles on the odometer.  Built in LA, sold in Hawaii.  I bought it in 1989 and due to a valvetrain noise, I tore the engine apart and rebuilt it.  I then embarked on a quest to eliminate the race only changes and bring back to mostly stock appearance-wise.  I built my own rotisserie and you could eat off of the undercarriage it is so clean and rust-free.  I have yet to finish it to completion and thus have never put a single mile on the car since I've owned it.  Hoping to finally get it on the road in the next year or two.

71GranCoupe

Looks good!!   :yes:  I wish mine was that far along, still hanging metal and not much of it lately.  :headbang:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Jim AAR

:welcome: from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada :canada:

You have found your E-Body home, the best E-Body site in the world...

Nice looking car....

Cuda Cody

Welcome @killerbill   :welcome:  That's a super rare option you have!!!!  Heater delete not an option we see on E-Bodies very often. 

303 Mopar

Welcome from Colorado! I had my Cuda out yesterday and it was 12 degrees F.  :stayinlane:

VCODE

:welcome: I have 2 Heater Delete Cuda's from Hawaii. Hope you have all the needed parts.
Bob

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama  :panama:
Looks like a great start to the project  :bigthumb:

Katfish

Quote from: VCODE on December 31, 2017, 06:10:35 AM
:welcome: I have 2 Heater Delete Cuda's from Hawaii. Hope you have all the needed parts.
Bob

What are the differences for heater delete?
More than just capping off the heater core?

1 Wild R/T

I've heard it wasn't available on cars delivered in the continental US....  My 71 Hemi Challenger originally delivered to a serviceman on Guam had it....

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Katfish on December 31, 2017, 07:12:26 AM
Bob

The heater box is completely gone, theres a triangular block off plate & a blank plate where the heater controls go...

303 Mopar

Bob

One was actually ordered that way originally, and the other has all the equipment for a heater but is not hooked up.  The end result is the same on both.

VCODE

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 31, 2017, 07:53:01 AM
Bob

The heater box is completely gone, theres a triangular block off plate & a blank plate where the heater controls go...

And don't forget the right side vent box, special bracket and hangers.