Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by erik70rt, May 11, 2017, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Quote from: nsmall on May 11, 2017, 06:49:57 PM
The fact he knows you weren't looking to sell it makes me think you have the right to be on the high side of your asking price. 

These cars are so expensive I think you have ever right to ask on the high side.

I don't think that gives me the "right".  I don't want to gouge my friend for a few more $$.  I don't think asking too high is the right thing to do. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

cataclysm80

Do you still have the cruise control stuff from that car?

erik70rt

Quote from: cataclysm80 on May 13, 2017, 12:01:21 AM
Do you still have the cruise control stuff from that car?

Yes, I still have it all for you.

cataclysm80

erik70rt

I'm just going to keep going like I have been and keep working on the car.  If my buddy wants it, fine.  If not, I'll keep making it better and better, and enjoy wrenching and showing it off.  ;)

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I had two Challengers last year, wanted to sell one to buy my Viper and keep the other one. Ended up selling them both and I'm not happy about it, it will be quite a while before I find one I like again. So keeping your car is not a bad option at all.
Sheldon

cudajunction

Quote from: erik70rt on May 15, 2017, 08:11:33 AM
I'm just going to keep going like I have been and keep working on the car.  If my buddy wants it, fine.  If not, I'll keep making it better and better, and enjoy wrenching and showing it off.  ;)

I think this is the right way to go.  If he jumps on it, send it down the road and find what really toots your horn. 

soundcontrol

I did just that, sold my -71 R/T in 2010, because I really wanted a 70 convertible, then it took me almost 3 years to find a convertible I liked. (I cheated with a newer Mustang Conv. in between). It was worth it. Sell!

70/6chall

Over the years I've had several cars that I should have hung on to, but instead I've let them go. A '64 Polara 500, red/red 383, auto. Buckets, a '66 ply. Sat. Red/black 383 4-speed, (2) '70-71 Dusters, 340 cars one auto, one 4-speed both buckets. (Sigh) out of all my Mopars, believe it or not my '70 SL6 Challenger, even though I've thought many times why not sell. But I love that damned car and if I got rid of it, I'd be thinking, Why did I do that? I'm not going to give myself that chance. So she stays.

erik70rt

I know what you mean.  I sold off a '70 Challenger /6 convertible.  Loved that car.  Also sold off a '70 Challenger 440 magnum 4 spd super trak pak car.  We all have some we regret letting go.

1 Wild R/T

Most of my old cars I don't miss, but my old /6 Challenger Vert that I'd cloned into a 340 car I do miss... It was a great car, I could take it anywhere, park it amongst the daily drivers & not worry....   It was very nice but at the end of the day it wasn't a valuable car so I enjoyed driving it..... Don't get me wrong I enjoy driving my R/T Convertible but as much as I try to relax & enjoy myself it's always in the back of my mind "Is it safe".....

70/6chall

nsmall

erik70rt

Thanks!  Not ready to pull the trigger yet, but keep me posted you (or anyone) finds them!