Main Menu

How rare?

Started by wldgtx, August 25, 2017, 05:51:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wldgtx

So the Woodward Dream Cruise was last weekend, and I stopped and spoke to a few guys, we all checked out each others cars.  One of the guys that was there was in awe of my Challenger.

He made the comment that (his opinion) that I had a very well optioned car and that some of the option combos were rather rare.  Now I am not implying anything by asking, but how rare is this?

Obviously the car is a 70 Challenger RTSE, 383,
luggage rack
Factory air & Factory Cruise control (both work)
Leather seats (original, matter of fact the entire interior is original).
It has a radio like the one below and the fader for the rear speakers, NO 8 track... it actually sounds really good.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Shane Kelley

Honestly at this stage of the game any nice Mopar is rare. Good condition drivers are getting almost impossible to find. You have the high end big money restored cars or basket cases. Not to many in between. RT/SE Challenger is a real nice piece to own. Regardless of options.

anlauto

Cruise control is a pretty darn rare option on E Bodies :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

sounds like it was well pimped out. do you have the broadcast sheet for it? tags?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

wldgtx

Yes I agree.  I have documentation for the car.

I think it's a great car and it looks and drives amazing!

Cuda Cody

Cruise control is super rare on an E-Body.  And that AM / FM radio was not cheap.  That radio was a $213.60, cruise control was $57.95, AC was $357.65, and the leather was $64.75.  I would say it's really rare.

ec_co

looks like they stuck with the base engine and put the upgrade $$ into comfort features, or as a promo type car. customer order or dealer order?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

wldgtx

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 25, 2017, 07:34:51 AM
Cruise control is super rare on an E-Body.  And that AM / FM radio was not cheap.  That radio was a $213.60, cruise control was $57.95, AC was $357.65, and the leather was $64.75.  I would say it's really rare.

I was super excited when I tried the cruise control and it worked. 

Mickm

Well, I'm certainly no expert as those that have been kind enough to educate us but,  looks like you have a really rare and cool car. Enjoy it!
I'd love to see pictures of the whole thing.  :please:

Cheers!
Mickm

Cuda Cody

Very impressive engine bay.   :yes:   :perfect10:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 25, 2017, 08:10:56 AM
Very impressive engine bay.   :yes:   :perfect10:
:iagree:
Looks like a really nice car from the quality of the engine compartment. 

wldgtx

Thank you for the kind words...

see below...

Shane Kelley

:drooling:  Damn.  That thing is sweet!  Really nice looking ride.

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 25, 2017, 07:34:51 AM
Cruise control is super rare on an E-Body.  And that AM / FM radio was not cheap.  That radio was a $213.60, cruise control was $57.95 and the leather was $64.75.  I would say it's really rare.

I find it amazing that a simple AM/FM radio was more expensive than the cruise control AND leather interior combined!! Some things just don't make "cents" sometimes ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

Quote from: wldgtx on August 25, 2017, 05:51:18 AM
Obviously the car is a 70 Challenger RTSE, 383,

US spec.

JS29 - 70 Challenger R/T SE ~ 3,741
E63/D32 - 383, automatic ~ 2,076 (55.5%)
M91 - luggage rack ~ 344 (9.2%)
H51 - Factory air ~ 1,725 (46.1%)
N88 - Factory Cruise control ~ 236 (6.3%)
Leather seats were STANDARD on R/T SE ~2,604 (69.6%) *30.4% had the "credit" OPTION vinyl & cloth interior
AM/FM ~ 715 (19.1%)

FC7 "plum crazy" ~ 599 (16.0%)