Main Menu

I have a Question?????

Started by CNUMB, October 20, 2020, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CNUMB

Within the next 2 years, This 71 Challenger I just purchased a month ago I plan changing to either what I really would like or is it worth trying to bring it back to original.. The car came with the original broadcast sheet fully intact, fender tag, original dealer invoice with the original buyer, window sheet. As far as I can tell, researching the tag, the car was Medium Green Metallic, Green vinyl roof, 318(Which I have no idea where the original is).. More in likely a Green interior, full bench seat, column shift.. It already has gone thru a major transformation in prior years( color and interior prior to 2004).. Which I do not mind what so ever, cause I like the changes.. The place I bought it at was apparently unaware of the history of the prior owner( He bought it at the Mopar Nationals Aug 2004, 117,891 miles) that kept a well documented account of everything done from 2004 till mid 2018.. The dealer only got this car to place in their showroom to attract customers (so they say, but I really believe that after going there)... The car had 123,053 miles at the last page of this nicely documented book. The car had 123,138 miles on it sitting in the showroom..The engine they said was a 340, with a 377 stroker upgrade.. But that is far from the truth, as in this book which I can say they never looked at(it was in this file folder they gave me), A Blueprint crated 408 Stroker engine was installed at 120,648 miles along with a full list of upgrades..Trust me when I say this was like a "barn" find... It is now in Florida in my care..

Guess I am asking should I start saving a crap load of cash to try and bring it back to that November 29th day of 1971 when it left the Music City Dodge lot in Nashville Tennessee???

anlauto

Enjoy the car as is, or build it into the car of your dreams, but don't think for one minute that you would be increasing the resale value by putting it back to 100% stock. In this particular case, the resto would cost four times more then the resale value. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

My 74 was originally a mint green 318 car that looks much like what yours looks like now & has a 360LA now. Love the way it looks and drives now... no way I'd put any energy going back to green...

It's already not stock. Burger King that thing... have it your way.

:alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Leave it as is or maybe tweak it even more.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

The car would not be worth a lot restored to original . I would enjoy it as is a makes changes that suit you  :alan2cents:

6bblgt

:iagree:  it wouldn't be worth more than it is now  even if it was a pristine low mile "survivor" quadruple green bench seat 318 car (with the WIDE hood/fender chrome)

it has a well documented history, continue it with your own history for it  :banana:

6bblgt

Quote from: CNUMB on October 20, 2020, 05:38:50 PM
....... bring it back to that November 29th day of 1971 when it left the Music City Dodge lot in Nashville Tennessee???

:thinking:   unless the original owner was ELVIS!!    :ohyeah:

CNUMB

Thanks Guys,, I see a lot of hard work you all do to bring these cars back to life :worship: on this site.. My intention when I was looking was to find one that I could paint Pitch Back with the green stripe to match the 18RT, but I think I like this yellow a bit more..
This is a great site, full of great information.. Thanks!!!  BTW, my wife did not like my searching or this site until she sat in the 71 and took a spin :) She has since come around..

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 20, 2020, 07:49:36 PM
Quote from: CNUMB on October 20, 2020, 05:38:50 PM
....... bring it back to that November 29th day of 1971 when it left the Music City Dodge lot in Nashville Tennessee???

:thinking:   unless the original owner was ELVIS!!    :ohyeah:

You made me just check it, and it was not Elvis :crying:

CNUMB

Looking at the original sales form on November 29, 1971 at Music City Dodge ... I may just have the) :) first "Demon" :) : :) :)

xx88man

Quote from: CNUMB on October 23, 2020, 05:28:37 PM
Looking at the original sales form on November 29, 1971 at Music City Dodge ... I may just have the) :) first "Demon" :) : :) :)

:rubeyes:
Keep yer foot in it