Main Menu

If you could step back in time what E-Body would you order Cuda and Challenger

Started by Brads70, February 18, 2017, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SteveG

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 21, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
I see a lot of Hemi's, TAs and AARs here; I am wondering if this is because we all truly like them or want them because of their value now...  :pokeeye: They didn't sell all that well back in the day. Someone who had a hemi car new once told what a PIA they were to keep running well.

Not so much about value to me, just if I could have afforded one at the time. A new Hellcat or Demon would be on my list today if I could afford either one, just like if it was 1971 I would like a Hemi cuda convertible if I had the money.

jimynick

Yeah, I think you're right and it isn't about the money for me either. Many times I've said that I'd want one of these cars to DRIVE it and not as a trophy/investment and that hasn't changed. Yeah, it'd be a PITA sometimes, but many of those things we hold near and dear have that possibility and that never stopped us from becoming involved with them, did it? I know it was a B body, but imagine how the original owner of the Silver Bullet felt when he took that thing out at night onto Woodward and went hunting and the feeling of being in it when it hit 7000 rpm and was pulling past that guy in his 427? Fabulous!  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

rhamson

1971 Black on black Plymouth Hemi Cuda 4 speed.  :driving:

JRMac73

Knowing what I know now, if have to go with a Moulin rouge cuda with a blue mod top and blue inferior. Hemi 4spd and magnum 500s

Not knowing any better at the time and who I am as a person. Black 71 with a black billboard hemi 4spd shaker rear window louvers rally wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cataclysm80

I'd have to order two cars.
One absolutely loaded with as many options as can be put onto it.
The other completely stripped down as bare as possible.

Probably a 70 Challenger R/T SE, 440 four barrel with 727 auto transmission, so I can have air conditioning & cruise control.
All the shiny trim, six way seat, power windows, stereo 8 track with dual rear speakers and rear defogger.  Deluxe seatbelts, & rear seat shoulder belts, light  package with time delay, dual chrome side mirrors, tinted glass, Luggage rack, High Impact paint with longitudinal stripe, gator grain roof, and anything else that can be added.

The stripped down car would be an FM3 pink A93 coupe Barracuda, with the smallest slant Six engine, column shift auto transmission, with white bench seat interior, vinyl flooring, no radio, standard non-racing drivers side mirror.
Heck, let's make it a heater delete car also.

fc7cuda

1970 Challenger RT/SE, 383, D21 in FC7 with black leather and black bumble bee stripe. 3:55 with A/C, PS, AM-8 track.  Holley, with AVS in trunk when needed

Drive anywhere and everywhere car, comfortable, fast enough, looks great!

Used to own this very car, loved it, someday I'll post about my drive up Pikes's Peak.  ;)

bpsmopar

1970-late production Challenger RT, Green Go with Chartruese side stripes, white interior, black vinyl roof with power sunroof, rear window louvers, Shaker hood, Hemi, 4spd, super track pack, SE moulding pkg, rallyes, am/fm, console, painted mirrors, block heaters, rear defogger......

1971-Plum crazy Cuda, white interior, white billboard, no vinyl roof, rear spoiler, rubber bumpers,
Rallye dash, power windows, am/fm cassette on the console, block heaters, rear defogger.....

Alan can you build these?...... #4 is on it's way!  :woohoo:

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

gdrill

Well if I said I wouldn't want a Hemi car, I would be lie-ing. But in reality, whatever engine I decided on, it would be the color that was most important to me. I would have to order either a 70 or 71, RT Challenger. White, black side stripe, black vinyl roof, magnum wheels, shaker hood, rear window louver and although white is my preferred interior color, this would have to be black. For me, the way black pops on white is what does it. I just love white cars!

My friends wonder what the heck is wrong with me when I tell them I would gladly trade my 1970, FC7, RT, project for a white one!  :dunno:
Never too old to learn.

RUNCHARGER

I think the hardest part for me back then was deciding whether I liked the Challengers or Cudas more. These days I prefer Challengers but it flip flopped back then for me.
Sheldon

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

340challconvert

Really tough
So many cars, and only two choices:

1970 Challenger RT SE 440-6, automatic, shaker, dana/super trac pak in B7 blue,white interior, white bumble stripe. (always liked  the 440 vs the hemi)

1970 AAR Cuda, 4 speed, 3:55, black w black interior, black AAR stripe.

I would drive the crap out of them.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Gary

Solarguy

70 Cuda Convert, 340 4 speed 3:55 gear, Vit C with white top and white leather interior, light group, am/fm. 

Voodoo Child

This is to easy, 71 hemi Cuda, coupe, 4spd, triple black, black billboards, super trac pak, rear louvers, fully loaded with steel wheels!  :wowzers: A car about as subtle as a sledge hammer! :twothumbsup: