Main Menu

If you could step back in time what E-Body would you order Cuda and Challenger

Started by Brads70, February 18, 2017, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bullitt-

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 19, 2017, 10:18:26 AM
That would be interesting, I would worry that it would be just too much orange..

You would thinks so until you see it in person , Cuda but you get the idea

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Topcat

70 Hemicuda Black, red interior, red hockey stick, 4 speed, hardtop.
71 Hemicuda GoMango, loaded just like what CODY mentioned.

usraptor

1970 Hemi 'Cuda, Triple black with red hockey stripe , 4-speed w/ center console, Dana 60, PS, Shaker hood, Fog lights, hood pins, Rallye Dash, AM/FM Stereo with rear speakers, Leather interior, rear window defogger, front and rear rubber bumpers.

1971 'Cuda, same equipment as above but Plum crazy with black interior and black billboards.  :twothumbsup:

SteveG

1971 Hemi Cuda 4 speed convertible with shaker. Yellow with black billboards or Red with black billboards.

jimynick

That grey 71 Cuda that Brad picked is impossible to beat for a Plymouth and for a Dodge, let's see now.. how about a triple black, 360-4speed 74 Rallye Challenger? Wait!  Isn't that the one I have now? Oh well, a man's gotta know his limitations, eh?  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda AAR Black 4 speed (I know they didn't come with white stripes but I always wondered what that would look like)
1970 Cuda AAR White 4 speed with black stripes.

1970 Hemi Convertible Vitamin C Orange with white interior, shaker & of course a 4 speed!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70chall440

white AAR, 4 spd, red leather interior, rallye instruments, console, black vinyl top, rear window louvers
Mopar or no car!!!

Chryco Psycho

I know where that car is , I helped rebuild it  :thinking:
no vinyl roof though

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

soundcontrol

Triple black 70 Challenger R/T, Hemi, Automatic, AC, electric windows, SE trim.

70chall440

I see a lot of Hemi's, TAs and AARs here; I am wondering if this is because we all truly like them or want them because of their value now...  :pokeeye: They didn't sell all that well back in the day. Someone who had a hemi car new once told what a PIA they were to keep running well.
Mopar or no car!!!

realn96

I agree with 70chall440. I would take the 440!
71 cuda fc7 4406pack ,shaker ,painted bumpers,  and grille, rallye dash and wheels front and rear spoilers , back light louvers, 4spd, p/s and p/disc brakes , 6 way leather seats, console, oh and the nice steering wheel! black gut, and tinted glass all around! :D

I forgot to add the billboards and sport mirrors!

Brads70

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 21, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
I see a lot of Hemi's, TAs and AARs here; I am wondering if this is because we all truly like them or want them because of their value now...  :pokeeye: They didn't sell all that well back in the day. Someone who had a hemi car new once told what a PIA they were to keep running well.

You do have a point but I would rock that Winchester grey Cuda even with a /6 if it looked exactly as pictured, if it had the shaker!

Cuda Cody

IMO, if it was all about value, we should all want Hemi Convertibles, right?   :)  And I would love to own one, but that would be because of the rarity and value.  When it comes to really cool looking cars, the T/A and AAR's are very hard to beat.  And when it comes to the sound it's hard to be a Hemi.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 21, 2017, 04:23:11 PM

RUNCHARGER

I'm all about performance (not necessarily in as delivered form). For me the Hemi has always been at the top of the ladder. Properly tuned and maybe slightly modified a Hemi is the ultimate, that coupled with it's race heritage and the fact that sanctioning bodies outlawed it or over factored it so other brands could compete makes me want one no questions asked.
When I was young the Sox and Martin HemiCuda and Landy's HemiChallenger were where it was at and they were based on something available from the showroom. That's why they hold a special place for me.
The Trans-Am cars have all the razzle dazzle and if the factory had stayed with the program another year or two they would have had a much better track record but unfortunately the cars weren't given the same chance that the AMC, Ford and GM teams had. Although it has been proven that in stock form the AAR's and T/A's were better cars than their competition.
Sheldon