Main Menu

let's talk headliner

Started by 70vcodecuda, June 09, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

That's what I use on my cars as well.
Sheldon

Ornamental

I'd like to replace the dome light, which means the headliner has to come at least partially off.
Since all the holes are where they should be, would it mean it's not a lot of bother to put the headliner back once the new dome light and wires have been installed?
I'm feeling a little optimistic here, just wondering if that might be a bit overly optimistic?

RUNCHARGER

You can replace the dome light without disturbing the headliner. Pop the lense off and there are two screws there, Then you can pull it down a bit and undo the connector to it through a hole that is in the headliner.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 14, 2017, 05:05:46 PM
You can replace the dome light without disturbing the headliner. Pop the lense off and there are two screws there, Then you can pull it down a bit and undo the connector to it through a hole that is in the headliner.
:iagree:

Aar1064

I just installed my headliner last weekend with help from a friend and just realized I forgot about the metal piece with the teeth in this pic. Sail panels are on and I see where this piece goes and realize that the rear panel screws to it but what are the teeth for?

Ornamental

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 14, 2017, 05:05:46 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I want to replace both the dome light and the old wires so I can have new wires all over.

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

The teeth brackets on the side hold the head liner down on the sides.  Just like the teeth in the front window area and around the back.

Quote from: Aar1064 on June 15, 2017, 04:14:56 AM
I just installed my headliner last weekend with help from a friend and just realized I forgot about the metal piece with the teeth in this pic. Sail panels are on and I see where this piece goes and realize that the rear panel screws to it but what are the teeth for?

Shane Kelley

I would like to add that Cuda and Challenger are completely different. Cuda pictured below.

Aar1064

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 15, 2017, 08:23:22 AM
The teeth brackets on the side hold the head liner down on the sides.  Just like the teeth in the front window area and around the back.

Hmm. My headliner from legendary didn't hang down that far. I just glued it to panels on both sides. Hope I didn't screw something up..

Cuda Cody

Headliners are pretty easy.  They're main function is to look good and as long it looks good, I'm sure it's fine.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: Aar1064 on June 15, 2017, 05:07:49 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 15, 2017, 08:23:22 AM

Hmm. My headliner from legendary didn't hang down that far. I just glued it to panels on both sides. Hope I didn't screw something up..

Burdar

QuoteHmm. My headliner from legendary didn't hang down that far. I just glued it to panels on both sides. Hope I didn't screw something up..

Just to be clear, the orange car above is a Challenger.  The headliner in a Challenger goes all the way down to the rear interior panels.  A Cuda headliner doesn't go down that far and uses a vinyl wrapped sail panel in that area.

Aar1064

Quote from: Burdar on June 15, 2017, 08:29:28 PM
QuoteHmm. My headliner from legendary didn't hang down that far. I just glued it to panels on both sides. Hope I didn't screw something up..

Just to be clear, the orange car above is a Challenger.  The headliner in a Challenger goes all the way down to the rear interior panels.  A Cuda headliner doesn't go down that far and uses a vinyl wrapped sail panel in that area.

Ok I feel better now. Didn't make sense and now I know. Thanks Burdar.  :banana:

Sleepychallenger

Is the silver stuff just there to block heat and noise? Ill be doing mine this fall.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Sleepychallenger on June 16, 2017, 04:32:32 AM
Is the silver stuff just there to block heat and noise? Ill be doing mine this fall.
:yes: