Main Menu

M46 barracuda commercial car video

Started by cuda hunter, May 10, 2022, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

:banana:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

:banana: :banana:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

:banana: :banana: :banana:

cuda hunter

For the two people who might read this, because they already read all the other posts, please note.

Picture 24 is a picture of a different car.  It appears to be the same color, rally red but it has an A21 front bumper.  Does not have the black out or stripe on the front fender.   Has wheel well trim. 

anlauto

That's odd they'd swap in cars like that  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I thought that was odd also.
When I first watched the video a while ago I thought the M46 was an A21 by memory.  But after watching it again it's quite obvious that they used another barracuda for the shoot.
The A21 barracuda appears to be exactly that, an A21 BH car.   Flat hood with an a21.   I think that's odd also.

70vert

I'm curious how this was used? At over 10 minutes I doubt it was an actual commercial. Maybe at an auto show or playing in a showroom.

EDIT: Ok I see now it says "dealer promo film" but still not sure if it was shown to the public.

And, for those old enough to be driving in 70 (like me) do you actually know someone who would wear that plaid suit? Definitely not me  :stop:

cuda hunter

Since I wasn't even a thought or consideration at that time, I just assumed that everyone dressed like that.  Unless they were farmers. 

340Challman

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 17, 2022, 12:08:21 PM
Since I wasn't even a thought or consideration at that time, I just assumed that everyone dressed like that.  Unless they were farmers.

Ouch. :haha: I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult. We were stylin back then.  :cooldance:  :)
Kevin

cuda hunter

Can someone tell me that those rims on the barracuda are the 14" road wheels? 

Bullitt-

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 31, 2022, 07:36:44 PM
Can someone tell me that those rims on the barracuda are the 14" road wheels? 
I think they would have to be....
Trim ring is the giveaway I believe & 15" Magnum is not an option that I know of
+Lifted this from another thread
Quote from: 6bblgt on May 28, 2022, 08:52:27 PM
1970 Challenger R/T
     383HP - 440HP - 440 SIX PACK
WHEELS:
14x6.0" steel wheels (with hub caps or wheel covers)
14x5.5" rallye wheels
14x5.5" road wheels
15x7.0" steel wheels with hub caps
15x7.0" rallye wheels
TIRES:
F70-14 POLYGLAS w/RWL
F70-14 POLYGLAS w/white stripe
E60-15 POLYGLAS GT w/RWL

426 HEMI
WHEELS:
15x7.0" steel wheels with hub caps
15x7.0" rallye wheels
TIRES:
F60-15 POLYGLAS GT w/RWL

Old post from CC.C
6/23/69: rear deck panel molding treatment added to Elastomeric Bumper Group [A22]; N/A w/Exterior Trim Group. 340 engine is available w/Trailer Tow Package. Sport Stripe [hockey stick] is optional on' Cuda models. Front bumper guards [M81] N/A on 'Cuda models. Rally Road Wheels [W21] are available in 14 and 15'' sizes. Styled Road Wheels [W23] are 14'' only. Shaker Fresh Air Package [N96] requires variable-speed wipers [J25] with the 440-6v and is available on 'Cuda models only.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

So W21 in 14" has the trim rings around the road wheels whereas the 15" road wheels have no trim ring?   

Are the W23 the recall wheels?  Am I only thinking Cbody?

What do styled road wheels look like?  These wheels on the commercial car? 

Bullitt-

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 31, 2022, 08:39:47 PM
So W21 in 14" has the trim rings around the road wheels whereas the 15" road wheels have no trim ring?   

Are the W23 the recall wheels?  Am I only thinking Cbody?

What do styled road wheels look like?  These wheels on the commercial car? 
The way I'm reading it W23 is the 14" Styled Road Wheels which would include the trim ring......Magnum Wheels require no trim ring but were not an e-body option
There never were 15" Road Wheels...  Here is What Coker Tire has to say about theirs
This 15x7 inch Chrysler Road Wheel is designed to fit the Mopar muscle cars from the 1960's and 1970's. Factory Road Wheels were 14 inch in diameter and these 15 inch Road wheels offer a better tire selection and a cool period correct look. This design features a chrome center with black painted accents, and a powder coated black outer rim (different than our Magnum 500 wheel).
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

6bblgt

yes, the commercial M46 car has W23 "chrome style ROAD wheels" (they are 14x5.5" with a trim ring) & T26 E78-14 twin white stripe POLYGLAS tires or T34 F78-14 twin white stripe POLYGLAS tires

the 5-spoke 14" ROAD WHEEL became the Chrome Style ROAD WHEEL when the trim ring appeared - NO 5-spoke 15" wheels at Chrysler Corp. in the '60s & '70s

1967-'68 model years the "ROAD wheel" - it was all chrome - Sales Code 580
available in 14x5.5" for B-bodies & 14x6.0" for C-bodies

1969 model year the "Chrome Style ROAD wheel" was introduced with a trim ring - Sales Code W21
available in 14x5.5" for B-bodies ONLY

1970 model year continued the "Chrome Style ROAD wheel" with a trim ring - but Sales Code changed to W23
available in 14x5.5" for B & E-bodies

1971 model year continued the "Chrome Style ROAD wheel" with a trim ring - Sales Code W23
available in 14x5.5" for B & E-bodies - newly introduced was the 14x6.0" "Chrome Style Road Wheel" with a trim ring for 440HP/440+6/HEMI b-bodies w/G70-14 & G78-14 POLYGLAS tires

cuda hunter