Main Menu

M46 car at auction.

Started by YellowThumper, April 04, 2023, 06:33:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

@cuda hunter fb post for ya.

I have zero knowledge of this or seller.
@cuda hunter fb post for ya.

I have zero knowledge of this or seller.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/770978927662877/?mibextid=dXMIcH
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

Love to see the tag on that one...looks like it could be a V02 painted roof car as well as a Blue/White interior car H6BW ....that would be very cool :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

With the dash tag and fender tag, this still might be a good purchase possibility for cudahunter.  :alan2cents:

CudaJim

Seems to have the M46 scoops on both sides, but in white?  Wrong pass mirror, wrong/later rear side marker light (looks like original side marker light hole partially filled with bondo?) Also can't make out lower body paint or pinstripe or rear 'gran coupe' trim for M46, if body was original paint... 

Saw a few more pics at auction house site:
https://www.goehringauctionservices.com/publicauctions/auto-auction

Fun to see those scoops...

anlauto

The body is not original paint with that much bondo flaking off :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

@YellowThumper   Much appreciated.   

Looks like a slanty car.   I so hope it's a BoB and not the typical CoB

14 hour drive.  Might just have to go out for that one. 

Looks like gb2 or eb3   ?

The grill appears to be a black plastic grill.  Perhaps this is a later build M46. 
I only have one late build M46 and it came with a black grill, broken and not installed, but still.

Unfortunately this car appears to be pretty roached.  Rusty spots all over.  Rear quarters are trashed and front fenders appear to be the same. 

Anyone else see anything that needs to be pointed out? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Here are the 5 that are available. 
I have contacted the auction house.
Will call them today at some point as well.

Thanks again for pointing this out!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

It's probably originally an FY1 car.  hahaha

cuda hunter

Hijacker sticker on rear drives side window.

The car appears to be a V1X and not a V02 according to the passengers A pillar.
There appears to be one stud for the vinyl top trim on the drives rear B pillar.

The rust on the car is very scary to me.  I see rust through on the B pillar behind where the bondo is falling out. 

Rust on both front fenders.  The front fenders appear to be trash with that amount of rust on the tops of them. 
rear quarters are very roached.  All this means to me that the rails are also holey and the floors are probably in very poor shape. 

Anyone from Iowa that could explain the typical rust out there?  Do yal get salt on the roads?  Typical snow fall?   

cuda hunter

It appears to have had V5 body side moldings.  How surprising.

cuda hunter

Fc7 is visible on the bottom of the hood.

cuda hunter

Unfortunately the "decoder" is kinda wrong.
Also, the codes were read wrong from the tag.
I'm trying to get a picture of the actual tag.
Currently, there is no M46 on the tag.  But the interpretation is wrong.

We'll see.

cuda hunter

It appears that this car is BH23C0B242313
A production date of 203 February third nineteen seventy.
If this turns out to be a real M46 this would be a different production date than any that I have on the list so far. 

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/the-m46-list/16415/

Mr Lee

Need to see the underside, floors, etc. yup.  Otherwise, yes it's pretty roached. 
I will say one good thing... It does look straight!  But what good is straight if you have to replace all the rusted panels anyway.  Shrug.   
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 05, 2023, 06:33:01 AM
  I see rust through on the B pillar behind where the bondo is falling out. 

Rust on both front fenders.  The front fenders appear to be trash with that amount of rust on the tops of them. 
rear quarters are very roached.  All this means to me that the rails are also holey and the floors are probably in very poor shape. 

Sounds CHEAP !