Main Menu

Mecum and Steve Juliano

Started by js27, March 06, 2019, 08:46:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I see advertisements for Mecum Auction to be selling off Steve Julian's collection. Some nice high end cars. It is sad that his Rapid Transit Collection will be sold off. Hopefully somebody with deep-deep pockets can buy all of them and keep them together. I saw them at Carlisle back in the 90's--awesome cars. His one and only 70 Mod Top Hemi Cuda was never found as far as I know. I guess we are only caretakers of these car's. We save them  and restore them and enjoy them for a while and then on to the next caretaker.
JS27

anlauto

Just the cars or all his other stuff too ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2019, 08:49:12 AM
Just the cars or all his other stuff too ?

I just saw the cars not sure about his memorabilia collection or parts collection. But I would assume that is going to go also.
JS27

6Pack70

Many of the Mopars we love so much are already with their 2nd or 3rd caretaker.  I'm doing my part to leave something cool behind for the next guy.....  :bigthumb:

Floyd

Looks like the memorabilia may be on the block as well. Scroll down a page:

https://www.mecum.com/roadart/

Chryco Psycho

Crazy , no one in the family wants them ??

anlauto

I'm more surprized they weren't sold privately. :looney: You would think a guy like Tim Welborn or even Jay Leno would just scoop up the whole collection long before an auction comes...Maybe the family is greedy and wants to maximise the amount of money the estate gets  :dunno:

The whole situation is just really sad ..... R.I.P. Steven :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HP_Cuda

Sadly this usually ends up in a greedy family catastrophe.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70 Challenger Lover

I'd gamble that different family members have different ideas on what should happen so the executor of the trust may just be doing what was specified in the trust or what will cause the least heartache for everyone if there is no specific direction.

76orangewagon

Indy is the one Mecum auction I plan on attending this year.... maybe I can pick up a few pieces of Memorabilia.

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on March 06, 2019, 12:52:32 PM
I'd gamble that different family members have different ideas on what should happen so the executor of the trust may just be doing what was specified in the trust or what will cause the least heartache for everyone if there is no specific direction.

Likely the case...sad either way. :alan2cents:

JS29

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2019, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on March 06, 2019, 12:52:32 PM

Likely the case...sad either way. :alan2cents:
:iagree: X3

ragtopdodge

Family wants MONEY!

Don't blame them.  Gotta sell while the market is HOT!

scf100

I would not call the family greedy.......either your a collector or your not......
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black