anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on January 11, 2019, 03:24:00 PM
70 R code Challenger RT/SE - $165,000

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359611/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-rt-se/

70 R code Cuda - $195,000

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359434/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda/

70 R code Cuda - $170,000

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359416/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda/

Lots of little incorrect details on all three cars, so I think the prices are fair, maybe even a bit on the high side.....I tell you....I think the market is still pretty strong  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 11, 2019, 03:38:41 PM
Quote from: blown motor on January 10, 2019, 05:19:32 PM
70 Cuda Convertible - $72,000

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-363056/1970-plymouth-barracuda-convertible/

Sold for almost $80k.

Pretty good for a rotisserie Hemi clone 'vert me thinks.

@ragtopdodge The car actually sold for $72K. The $79,200 price listed on Mecum's website includes the 10% buyer's premium.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on January 10, 2019, 07:44:32 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 10, 2019, 06:52:48 PM
Some of that stuff looks pretty second rate for the bids.

Yea I have to agree...Pretty strong money for some of the cars, and why some of the "no sale" cars didn't take the high bid???? :looney:
They won't drop the reserve unless the high bid is "real money".

JH27N0B

Quote from: blown motor on January 11, 2019, 10:58:09 AM
70 Challenger T/A - $72,000

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-363161/1970-dodge-challenger-ta/

I'm pretty sure that is a car that was listed by a local brokerage, North Shore Classics, for over a year. I never saw it in person, but the pictures looked awful!  I can't believe it sold that high.  Well hopefully the buyer is far away from here so I never do have to see it!

ragtopdodge

Quote from: blown motor on January 11, 2019, 04:09:09 PM

@ragtopdodge The car actually sold for $72K. The $79,200 price listed on Mecum's website includes the 10% buyer's premium.

Wow, then $72k for the seller seems awfully cheap for a rotisserie Hemi 'vert clone then.

anlauto

Don't forget out of the $72K the seller still pays a percentage and a fee.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DodgeGuy

So I always notice stupid things that are probably meaningless, but is there a reason the exhaust on that first HemiCuda hangs so low on the car?

It looks kind of tacky to me.  :dunno:
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

RUNCHARGER

Well: I think those real cars are a lot better value than the fake ones.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

A lot of money brought in yesterday...

JH27N0B

To me, it seems that for the most part, the Mopar muscle cars are selling in the same price range that they've been in for some time.  They are strong but still not near where they were during the 2004-2007 buying frenzy.
After watching and even participating in these auctions for a number of years, I've become somewhat wary of what I see when I check results.  "The Bid Goes on" prices are meaningless for judging the market because many of these cars are bid up by the auction house to near the reserve in hopes a real bidder will make the next bid, and hit the reserve.  That technique strikes me as cheating.
Also, some shown sales seem suspicious, as when you look at the listings of the auctions through the year, you will recognize some cars as being ones that "sold" at another auction earlier in the year.
Keep in mind too, that Mecum owns many of the cars being listed.  He buys many collections and individual cars.  The B3 T/A with the gator grain top is one example.  That car was part of a collection of about a dozen cars, mostly Mopars, he bought in PA a few years ago.
I've been heading down to Indy to check out the May auction, I look forward to seeing some of these "sold" Mopars there in a few months!  :D

kdcarman

Seems like the Mopars are pulling good money.    :dunno:

blown motor

Keep in mind that the price shown for all of those cars that are listed as sold include the 10% buyer's premium. I think that the current value is more truly reflected in the actual selling price.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

That 71 Hemi Charger revs up my engine. It does seem to be high priced for an automatic though.
Sheldon