Main Menu

Mecum Harrisburg

Started by Roadman, August 04, 2017, 09:46:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

kdcarman

kdcarman

RUNCHARGER

Ack! I like that 71, Price seems okay, probably not matching, not N96 etc?
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

I can't see the prices online?  What did those sell for?    :bigmoney:

Roadman

@kdcarman posted prices on each post. I thought they showed on each link.   :notsure: :sorry:

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 03:32:02 PM
I can't see the prices online?  What did those sell for?    :bigmoney:

You need to log in....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That was a super cool Hemi Challenger. 

RUNCHARGER

That's what I think too Cody. I'm thinking for $165 it has some issues like non original options etc. Be nice to know the particulars, I think even I would have stepped up for that one at that price if it was all real. Matching #'s engine it says along with broadcast sheet. No way could it be a real shaker car at that price.
Sheldon

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 05:00:08 PM

I think a 2 tag car. 

Cuda Cody

There's a lot more 2 tag E-Bodies in 1971 vs 1970 because they started putting more standard codes on the tags in 1971.  For example, J25 was part of the A62 so only A62 was listed on 1970 tags, but they started putting both codes on in 1971.   

Quote from: Roadman on August 05, 2017, 05:06:00 PM

I think a 2 tag car.

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 05:29:33 PM
There's a lot more 2 tag E-Bodies in 1971 vs 1970 because they started putting more standard codes on the tags in 1971.  For example, J25 was part of the A62 so only A62 was listed on 1970 tags, but they started putting both codes on in 1971.   

Quote from: Roadman on August 05, 2017, 05:06:00 PM

I think a 2 tag car.

Didn't know that, thanks.    :thankyou:         :rebelflag"

750-h2

They ran that car at the June 2017 Barret Jackson auction and it did not meet reserve. They showed a portion of the undercarriage and it was really cruddy. :crying:

Voodoo Child

I just got back from the auction, All the E bodies there had issues of some kind! The sassy grass green AAR by far for the money it drew. It was already loaded on the truck early in the day so I didn't see in personally but was told by numerous people it was a roach. All issue's that have been pointed out. Plus bad paint, gaps and very wavy. A definite 30+ footer. The F8 green T/A was by far the better of the two, very very straight. But not a desirable color. The 71 Hemi had the vinyl top and shaker added but overall a very nice car. The blue u code Challenger that brought $75k was the nicest, a total nut and bolt. The only issue I could see on the car was the rear bumper. It had to be an AMD bumper cause they have a slight bow to them that closes off the gap between the bottom of tail lights and the top of the bumper. I have an AMD on the back of mine and it bugs the hell out of me. The black 70 cuda, the sublime 70 and the 74 were nice drivers and bought accordingly. Like any auction, the cars ranged from, My god, that is gorgeous  :wowzers: to, why pay Mecum to sell that thing!  :stop: Get a for sale sign and the front yard!

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for the insight Voodoo!
Sheldon