Main Menu

Mecum Kissimmee Cuda/Challenger results.

Started by Roadman, January 06, 2017, 04:02:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Quote from: Brads70 on January 13, 2017, 05:57:05 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 13, 2017, 05:51:43 PM
I laugh because the Superbird I owned was column auto :rofl:

Do you have any pictures of it?  :takepicture:   Really I'm just curious if you too had a mullet in the 80's?  :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anlauto

I owned it in the late 90's ....#302 on the Superbird list......not a lot of hair then...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Brads70

Nice Superbird Alan!  :twothumbsup:  I'd love to go for a ride in one!

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on January 13, 2017, 07:42:26 PM

Sold it in 1999 for $40,000.00 CDN :pullinghair:

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on January 13, 2017, 07:51:02 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 13, 2017, 07:42:26 PM

Sold it in 1999 for $40,000.00 CDN :pullinghair:

I remember seeing a 69 Daytona basket case at Barrie automotive flea market for 15k  in the 90's. That still haunts me!  :('

HP_Cuda

Mullet, skinny jeans and a tie die shirt eh Alan?

:yes:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Cuda Cody

That's the Hemi Challenger I tried to buy.  Looks like someone got a nice car at a great price.  Not sure if they made any money on it because I know it was rusted super bad.  Had to take a ton of new metal to replace.  Every frame rail looked gone when I peeked at.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 14, 2017, 10:56:18 AM
That's the Hemi Challenger I tried to buy.  Looks like someone got a nice car at a great price.  Not sure if they made any money on it because I know it was rusted super bad.  Had to take a ton of new metal to replace.  Every frame rail looked gone when I peeked at.

That Challenger was owned by Classic Car Liquidators and they took it to Mecum to sell at no reserve.  Thats a big risk....

anlauto

anlauto

Refused $75K for a 70 B Body V code :looney: What was he thinking :takemymoney: https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269763/1970-dodge-super-bee/ It's a nice car...but that's a lot of coin in my opinion :alan2cents:

Timbbuc2

You guys know better than me , how is the market on these cars, up,down or stable. $wise
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Having been to several of these type of auctions, I can tell you that unless you see the cars in person, it's impossible to know really what the market is doing.  Years back I was at BJ and saw a Challenger T/A coming up on the block.  I had looked it over really good a few days earlier and it was a rusted out bondo bucket that someone painted up nicely.  IMO, it needed a full restoration and was nothing more then a polished up project.  Watched it go for around $50k and thought someone got taken.  Got home and was looking at all the results online and saw the same car.  And before I realized it was the same bondo bucket T/A, I thought WOW someone got a nice T/A for cheap.  That's when I really understood what everyone had been telling me for years.  You have to be there and look at them in person to really know what is happening with the market.

anlauto

This happens a lot for sure, that why you seen two similar cars get totally opposite results...